Value of 1997 E39 540i 6sp Manual

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ccl68

Club Guest
Can someone tell me how much is the value of a 1997 E39 540i V8 6sp Manual? Equip with everything! :p

Can u find this model in Malaysia ?

I will be interested as well ... :dunno:

It's here in KL but not registered.
Therefore, trying to determine its value before deciding what to do with it.
Either get it registered :rolleyes: here or ship back to Europe.... :(
Next TT meeting, I can bring the car over for viewing?

Originally posted by ccl68@Feb 17 2006, 10:33 AM
Next TT meeting, I can bring the car over for viewing?
Bring it down next week! Tonight me busy. Abg. Izam.. come la! Kekeke....

I am not sure of the R/tax. I'm still checking if it's a 4.0 or 4.4ltr...
1997 should be 4.0, right?
Tonight can't make it to TT lah, fully booked...
But I can tell u this. The car is fantastic.
Drove it around last night.
Every gizmo is in the car.
330ps, Sat nav, has a TV receiver, multiple airbags, proximity sensors, even when reversing, the wing mirror dips, the 6speed manual is so light & smooth, easy to drive in traffic jam, the V8 gurgling is infectious, ESP. ASC, double glazing, door & rear screen blinds, HID headlights, In-car phone, electrc seat & steering adjuster..etc..

Originally posted by ccl68@Feb 16 2006, 09:56 PM
I am not sure of the R/tax. I'm still checking if it's a 4.0 or 4.4ltr...
1997 should be 4.0, right?
Tonight can't make it to TT lah, fully booked...
But I can tell u this. The car is fantastic.
Drove it around last night.
Every gizmo is in the car.
330ps, Sat nav, has a TV receiver, multiple airbags, proximity sensors, even when reversing, the wing mirror dips, the 6speed manual is so light & smooth, easy to drive in traffic jam, the V8 gurgling is infectious, ESP. ASC, double glazing, door & rear screen blinds, HID headlights, In-car phone, electrc seat & steering adjuster..etc..

My fren ... I hv driven one laaa ... :D but not here laaa ...

Errr .. care to share the FUEL consumption ?? :blink:

535i,
Incredible, huh?
But I didn't get to try its 'real' potential...scared la...
I think the fuel consumption shud be 'managable'..can't be as bad as my petrol Prado..that's scary!

CCL88,

The V8 is pushing out about 286 bhp regardless if it's the 4.0 litre or 4.4 litre version. The major difference being the extra 20 NM of torque that the 4.4 litre has. The 333 bhp version is the newer N62B44 found in the E65 745i onwards, me thinks. Still the M60B40 / M62B44 are superb engines ... you'll never want anything else - the M62 was the basis of the fire-breathing S62 V8 of the E39 M5.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 17 2006, 12:01 PM
CCL88,

The V8 is pushing out about 286 bhp regardless if it's the 4.0 litre or 4.4 litre version. The major difference being the extra 20 NM of torque that the 4.4 litre has. The 333 bhp version is the newer N62B44 found in the E65 745i onwards, me thinks. Still the M60B40 / M62B44 are superb engines ... you'll never want anything else - the M62 was the basis of the fire-breathing S62 V8 of the E39 M5.

Cheers,
Oh..wow.....probably need new tyres every4 months...
Now the car is with the standard rims, totally virgin...Black...

One hot car....

But road tax would be a killer. If 4L, around RM6,645. If 4.4L, around RM8,845. That is a lot of moolahs to pay annually. No wonder there are a lot of V8 7 silli that have been downgraded to 6 cylinder engines.

535i, what happened to your V8 project? :nyehehe:

Originally posted by flash@Feb 16 2006, 11:33 PM
One hot car....

But road tax would be a killer. If 4L, around RM6,645. If 4.4L, around RM8,845. That is a lot of moolahs to pay annually. No wonder there are a lot of V8 7 silli that have been downgraded to 6 cylinder engines.

535i, what happened to your V8 project? :nyehehe:

nothing beats the real deal .... laaa ..

convert tetap convert ...

Originally posted by 535i@Feb 17 2006, 12:39 PM

nothing beats the real deal .... laaa ..

convert tetap convert ...
Abe,

Managed to convince the company to pay for your roadtax, aah ? :p

CCL88,

4 new tires every 6 months is not such a bad thing, don't you think ? It all depends on on heavy your right foot is. I've not driven an E39 M5 before but I had a chance to drive a 540i Sports with the 6 speed tranny in Jersey a few times. The perfect automotive equivalent of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde - she's a cruiser and a bruiser all packaged in a stunning body ... :)

Cheers,

But seriously, even if can afford the road tax, the question is what logic to own a car like this? Bad enuff everytime I travel to Penang (monthly journey) I kena summon at least one way with my 328iC...
With a 540i Manual, I have to start travelling at 4am in order to avoid detection!
But special cars, logic is not considered, isn't it? The passion in owning a magnificient machine like this is like owning a jewel of a timepiece....

There is 740i advertised in the star for 80k recently, year 1997/1998 I think.

Most private owners downgrade the engine cc to 3.0 (engine looks similar), roadtax = RM 21XX :)

Top Bottom