Used Koni Sport Shocks for sale

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
Got a pair of used Koni Sport Adjustable shocks (rear only) for any year model E34 up for grabs. Part no is Koni Sport : 8240-1076 SportShocks are in good condition, no leaks, etc. Comes in original box. Asking price is $400 ono for both. Pics attached. PM if interested

Ok the Koni's has been reduced to $300 ono for the pair. PM if interested and name yr $. :)

Thanks to all that inquired abt the Koni's but all offers made thus far isn't exactly very reasonable. :blink:

So if anyone is interested just make an offer that is reasonable and its yours. Going cheap cheap so that a fellow forummer can make use of them. ;)

Hi ehoe,

Can you tell me a bit about the history of these shocks ?. Like:did you buy it new ?. How long have used it ?. What E34 model was it installed and roughly how many kms/years was it used. Do you have the original receipts ?.

The main problem with used things is that if the history is not exactly known, it hard to tell how much "life" is left in the part for buyers. Someone did ask if they were serviable. If not designed for services, so cannot be properly "re-conded" or re-manufactured as the Americans like to call it.

Of course, some shops can do proper reconditioning by taking it apart, but then its risky becuase valving ratio needs to be calibrated properly. I only trust German companies to do this. A German friend knows one that re-valve bike shocks. Rather expensive but is the only way for people who wanted to tune their shocks to their own specifications.

Hi EuroTouring,

Yes I do understand the concern abt used shocks and understandably so. Anyway here are more info abt the shocks :

Model installed : E34 520i 12V but will fit any year model E34
KM used : Approx 65k km

As for original receipt, not sure if I can find it coz I actually claimed it back from my company so they needed the receipt. :D

Anyway I'm just offering the shocks to whomever needs them, I'm quite happy keeping them as a spare for myself if no one wants them. Will offer them to any fellow forummer at the final price of $200 for the pair.

ehoe
Me also using the same absorber, but using soft setting. How do I adjust it to hard ? or better send to Hokomoto ?

And if you ever tried the hard setting, is there a lot of difference ?

Hi Bazet

Here's the instructions to adjusting the Koni's. Adjustment for the front and rear shock are done differently, here is the adjustment instructions for the rear shocks :

1) Fully compress the shock absorber, at the same time turning the dust cap or piston rod slowly to the left (anti-clockwise), until it is felt that the cams of the adjusting nut engage in the recesses of the foot valve assembly (fig. 1).
NOTE: Some shock absorbers include a bump rubber concealed under the dust cover and this must be removed prior to adjusting. Don’t forget to re-install.

2) Keeping the shock absorber compressed make 1 full turn (360°) to the right (clockwise). The total range is about 5 half turns (fig. 2).

3) Extend the shock absorber vertically for at least 1 cm without turning in order to disengage the adjusting mechanism. The dust cap or piston rod may now be turned freely.

Here are the adjustment instructions for the front :

1) Take the adjustment knob which is supplied and fit it to the top of the dampers

2) To adjust the damping force, the knob has to be turned in the direction of the arrow for increased damping and to decrease in the opposite direction. If you feel resistance do not use force, as the damper is in its end position

3) After adjustment remove the adjusting knob in order to prevent possible damage of the bonnet.

Hope this helps. :yes:

Top Bottom