Urgent: Fuel Types in Thailand

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cardula

Club Guest
Hi guys,I'm currently in Koh Lanta and noticed that they only have RON91 benzine or RON95 gasohol, both of which do not meet my S50's need of RON98. however, i still need to fuel up before i get back to the Malaysian border, so which of the two is less damaging to my engine? FYI i brought two bottles of STP octane booster along, and hopefully this helps.Appreciate your urgent feedback. Thanks.

But should i use the octane boosters with RON91 benzine or RON95 gasohol?

RON95 gasohol contains 10% ethanol and in the long run will cause seals and fuel lines to deteriorate faster with continuous use. But in the short run should be ok.

Safest bet would be using RON91 together with the octane booster. The worst thing with a RON91 is lower performance since modern engine nowadays comes equipped with knock sensors.

Just a quick update in case others who have been following this have the same question/concern. I took B33mEr's advice and pumped 30 litres (RM4 per litre!) of RON91 petrol and added a full bottle of STP octane boosters and it got me safely back to the Malaysian border. Wouldn't mind experimenting Gasohol if it ever comes to Malaysia, but didn't want to take the risk there. Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks to your thread we also used the 91 instead of the 95 on our way to Koh Samui...

Top Bottom