Upgraded my headlamp-finally! & replace the broken firewall as well

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macgy

Club Guest
Finally after long long search for the HID set, my E39 headlamp upgraded to HID, I am very very happy with the result.See for your self.
icon10.gif
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5283/5256513221_018ca0ed49_b.jpghow it look under the hood, RF headlamp:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5165/5256430077_b237254682_b.jpgLF headlamp:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5257040196_ed62b48d06_b.jpgwhile doing that the broken firewall is becoming an eye sore, i decided to replace it.see the broken piece:
icon8.gif
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5005/5256428901_facaeb0bf9_b.jpgeasy installation, just need to remove 4 plastic screws.

its a 5k hid 50W set, saw that some of the forum member change the lens too with this set up but it is not an easy job, i did not change the lens as it is good enough for me for now at least and i have also tilted the right light lower as i worry it could be too bright and shine on other cars, think it s the symptom i developed after driving with insufficient brightness in my e39 after so many years, FYI so far so good, no one has flash light at me yet.
icon7.gif
the next thing to do is polish my headlamp, i have seen someone here done a great job, look like new!

mind to share how much is the cost of hid and also the brand. i might want to change mine too

sewell;589702 said:
mind to share how much is the cost of hid and also the brand. i might want to change mine too
err.. not sure what brand, will check the box, price?, i got a discount so not nice to post, will pm you.

bro, your HID set came with the socket/holder as well? PM me the price & brand... thx

macgy, what type of socket is that? I intent to use that socket in my headlight. Looks much more nicer than my H7 lousy socket.

5256430077_b237254682_b.jpg

5257040196_ed62b48d06_b.jpg

bro,
I agree with you, the H7 set-up is ugly!
The HID come with a D2s bulb and like i said no socket included!, the red/black connector comes with the kit but you need a socket to hold it, since I can't find a socket i just DIY little bit by using round seal just the size of the hole to hold the bulb together, i will take a picture tomorrow to show you.
my experience:
Last saturday while I was driving out from tropicana, the right light suddenly switch off, I turn the light switch off and on again and the light works fine after that, Now for those who PM me and interest about the HID 50W kit, hold on first, at least until I find out what's the problem.
Bro seller, If you read this post, i loss your no., can you advise why?

macgy;591469 said:
bro,
I agree with you, the H7 set-up is ugly!
The HID come with a D2s bulb and like i said no socket included!, the red/black connector comes with the kit but you need a socket to hold it, since I can't find a socket i just DIY little bit by using round seal just the size of the hole to hold the bulb together, i will take a picture tomorrow to show you.
my experience:
Last saturday while I was driving out from tropicana, the right light suddenly switch off, I turn the light switch off and on again and the light works fine after that, Now for those who PM me and interest about the HID 50W kit, hold on first, at least until I find out what's the problem.
Bro seller, If you read this post, i loss your no., can you advise why?

How much and who u bought from? PM me, can?

I believe for some cheap HID kit, it is normal the light can not turn on sometime.

cobra hid set

Bro macgy, the one i sold ya is d limited edition HID, only 4,000kits produced to celebrate the company 5 years anniversary, brand name Cobra for global customers and for Automechanika exhibition in Germany, product.
Quality assured, don't worry, it is not the cheapo HID as described, this product comes with Open-/short circuit protection, over-/ undervoltage protection, sparking protection; Hot start time is less than 1.3 seconds.
Come across the company at the exhibition; AUTOMECHANIKA, Germany 2010, Mid Sep., the exhibition was held for a week there.
Actually a dear Prof. fren from Germany spotted the product, got his supply there and helps sent goods over here.

Done some search and found this company is ISO 9001:2008 certified, product pass the TUV lab testing and E-mark approval by RDW, E4 87R 000055, their turnover exceeded USD 3M /year, so it is not a back yard manufacturer.

Macgy, the one u got is from the 2nd batch delivered to me, I have sold many and to a few forum members here, 1st batch has no complain, I suggest that u check the connecting plug, sound like a loose connection please email me the result, if problem persist, I will give u a 1 to 1 exchange provided u did not abuse the unit. Cheers bro.

Top Bottom