Trade in M3 19" Rim/Tyre

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

epoiezam

Club Guest
Hi u guys:Just want to get your opinion on this matter,I'm planning to trade in my M3-E90-19" Rims/tyres for 18". If you should ask why, Waaa.. hati banyak sakit ooo.. with all the lubang in our road.. Further more the suspension is to stiff and bumpy for my liking.Since this the first time, I'm trading in my rims/tyre, I just want to gather some info before going to the kedai hehe.My question:1) What's the current prize for my 19" 2) What's the best tyre size combination with an 18" rims.Please share your experience, as they said, Sharing is Caring. HahahaThanks guys.

Ooopss ... almost forgot.. my.. picture of my rim/tyre

epoiezam

Cannot view the pics bro. Anyways, hope your query can be answered soon! Never traded in rims before.

epoiezam;657487 said:
Hi u guys:

Just want to get your opinion on this matter,

I'm planning to trade in my M3-E90-19" Rims/tyres for 18".

If you should ask why, Waaa.. hati banyak sakit ooo.. with all the lubang in our road.. Further more the suspension is to stiff and bumpy for my liking.

Since this the first time, I'm trading in my rims/tyre, I just want to gather some info before going to the kedai hehe.

My question:
1) What's the current prize for my 19"
2) What's the best tyre size combination with an 18" rims.

Please share your experience, as they said, Sharing is Caring. Hahaha

Thanks guys.

you might want to try selling privately, if yours are genuine M3 rims, sure got takers. Im just guessing but they are probably worth at least 4-5k

btw..cant see your pic

IMHO, dont sell or trade your rims... as in future when you want to sell your ride, buyers would prefer that it comes with the genuine M3 rims...

Nice huh, but what to do. Here is not Japan or Singapore. The road is &%$#^&&*&^%. Sorry for that..

Anyway thanks for sharing guys

epoiezam;657540 said:
Will also try to get my picture right.. hehe

Hope this time, it will work.

IMG00647-20110409-1612.jpg

that is not M3 rims, these are...2 options, 18 and 19 inch.

2783025934_890280fe14.jpg

bmwquoteem8.jpg

epoiezam;657540 said:
Will also try to get my picture right.. hehe

Hope this time, it will work.

IMG00647-20110409-1612.jpg

err..as NKOTB mentioned, those arnt m3 rims, in that case trade it in to the tireshop, place like Hup Soon in sunway will give you good trade in price

I've just went through some forums related to tyre/rim size. And it scares me.

Seems that, it not that straight forward, to change the rim/tyre size. Due to some dependencies, ratio and so on , that need to be considered.
If not it will bring more harm then good to the car.

So if I'm to down size my current rims to 18", what are the specs that is most suitable ?
Some even advice to use only M3 rims, and no others.

Wow. it's getting interesting yess..

epoiezam;658088 said:
So if I'm to down size my current rims to 18", what are the specs that is most suitable ?

if your car isnt a M3...why would anyone advise you to use M3 rims? infact you cant, the rear offset is totally off, you need to shave the rim to be able to fit...or roll your rear fenders

I agree with NKOTB. The ones you have are not M3 rims. The second photo is your 'common' M3 rims that you would normally see on the road (provided you find an M3 on the road).

epoiezam;658088 said:
I've just went through some forums related to tyre/rim size. And it scares me.

Seems that, it not that straight forward, to change the rim/tyre size. Due to some dependencies, ratio and so on , that need to be considered.
If not it will bring more harm then good to the car.

Wow. it's getting interesting yess..

It is actually pretty straight forward. Know your car's rim offset and the width of the rim you are eyeing and you are good to go. Most if not all tire shops should know the offset and can recommend the right rims for you. In any case, if you are eyeing oem bmw rims, it is a no brainer.

Just FYI, most of the tyre shop recommend 3er Offset 35 for front and rear, on BBS 19'..

Thank you all so much for some very useful information.
After a long research, I decided to stick with the original M3 rims.
Now the a new search begins.

Dear Bros, where can I find original M3 E90, 17" or 18" rim ? Plus the expected price ?

You kind reply is very much appreciated.

Top Bottom