These pics makes me want E21 !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13;666700 said:
there is one white one for sale at BG ....you still can own it

that's a good candidate for restoration - 323i, 5speed, power steering, sunroof - not an easy find if one were to look.

bazet;666677 said:

hi guys,
this is my 1st time in e21 sect.those pics make me want e21 also.thinking of let go my e30 n replace with e21.but there r few issues that worries me n need advices from all of u e21 guys:
1.best e21 for restoration?(year make,cc,specs..preferably with sunroof n power steering)
2.any coilover suspension for e21 in the market that can be find locally?
3.does e30 n e21 share the same wheel setup?(pcd,offset)
4.can m50b25 fit into e21?(any of u guys done this conversion before or do u guys know which workshop had done it before)
5.can e30 steering wheel fit into e21?
6.what worries me the most is the difficulties to source spare parts locally..parts such as rear diff,longshaft,air-cond issues etc.

im really in love with that alpina front bumper.anyone here own it?hope u guys can guide me coz im kinda new in this beemer scene.thanx....

Hi elclassico,
The top concern is rust. Early 80's and earlier BMW factory antirust is not good, I think the body is not fully galvanized. I think early E30 is also affected, but not as
bad as E21. My uncle's ex E30, the new owner is preparing for firewall rust repairs. The car is the prefacelift model.
Unlike E30, halfcut of E21 are very rare.
Best E21 to restore is the 323i. It's the top of the range model.

rust as FM said is an issue, and if you are going to look for an E21 make sure EVERYTHING is complete. if the interior bits are missing or chrome bits and stuff on the outside are missing or badly damaged, it is almost impossible to find locally. as for the engine it depends on the mounting points. a 2.5 motronic from an e30 would fit in nicely without much if any modification and you have a fun ride right there. there are many conversions done to fit in e30 parts on an e21 so you can google it and there is an abundance if information.. i used a guide from an online blog to throw out my original engine and instal a motronic engine from an e30.. tons of information for a car hardly seen on the road these days!!
good luck on your project but be prepared with loads of patience and tons of cash!!
hahah...

thanx bros for d infos.your explanation scares me ha3.is it so hard to find decent condition e21?how about coilovers bro?do u guys ever came across one?

having said that, rust is not only limited to body panels. even the petrol tank would rust and may cause engine choking.

Beautiful pics, inspiring indeed.

Any locals can do the front spoiler either BBS or Alpina?

Top Bottom