Stone chip on windshield! !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vin75

Club Guest
Hi guys,Got a small stone chip on my windshield today, any advice where to get it repaired?Really appreciate your advice coz its quite noticeable and planning get it fixed asap.

I have stone chips too on my car and windscreen. Unavoidable if you are driving on the road everyday. Blame it on poor enforcement from the authority. Trucks and lorries carrying construction material are always overloaded and spilling its content onto our roads.

splee;831901 said:
I have stone chips too on my car and windscreen. Unavoidable if you are driving on the road everyday. Blame it on poor enforcement from the authority. Trucks and lorries carrying construction material are always overloaded and spilling its content onto our roads.
Agreed bro splee. Sometimes get so paranoid driving on our roads...

Charaznable;832043 said:
Better to have coating done...reduce some chances to get stone chips
Bro Charaznable, might consider that as well...thanks...

etquah;832139 said:
Dr Cermin can fix it

Went to few Dr. Cermin and all of them insist to change to new windscreen....it's only a small stone chip for god sake!

kolamp;832162 said:
Went to few Dr. Cermin and all of them insist to change to new windscreen....it's only a small stone chip for god sake!

Bro, can you take a pic to show how bad is the chip.

kolamp;832162 said:

splee;832279 said:
Bro, can you take a pic to show how bad is the chip.

Yaaa agree if possible some pics please...

vin75;831869 said:
Bro _M_ , it's very annoying indeed, and my F30 is barely 3 weeks old..

Hi Vin,

If your is new, you should have the windscreen covered under insurance. I tahan for 9 months before i sent in to change the windscreen - toward the end of my insurance coverage. Mine is on the passenger's side, so not so bad but still furious when i see it. If you take insurance from AB, you send in and collect the next day.

If you still want to repair, try this http://www.glassmechanic.com.my/ They only do repair and you can claim under your windscreen insurance too. I've seen the final repair, it is still visible :(

Volvos525i;832282 said:
Yaaa agree if possible some pics please...

I'll take some pics later...too bad last year I insured the wind screen but confidently not for this year...suddenly 2 months after renew insurance this thing happens...sighhh!

Ya. Small chip also Dr Cermin say cant repair. Cant or wont ah? More profitable to change whole windscreen right?

my windscreen now is like the milkyway galaxy..... Dr. Cermin say change the whole windscreen....

Top Bottom