Steg K2.02 amplifier installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

LCP

Club Guest
Got myself a used Steg K-competition amplifier... The K2.02 model to be exact. Just installed it today, haven't really tuned properly yet, but my Dynaudios are beginning to show their true colours... Some photos of the amp and the installation... Speaker cable is Van den Hul CS-122 Hybrid, interconnect is Supra Dual
DSCN2749b.jpg
DSCN2751b.jpg
DSCN2754b.jpg
DSCN2755b.jpg
DSCN2757b.jpg
DSCN2760b.jpg
DSCN2761b.jpg

Congra on your new toy!! but i'm a bit dissapointed with the workmanship done by the installer. Not saying the quality of the installation but the on display or the wiring which is so messy and exposed.

BlueMixWhite;255578 said:
Congra on your new toy!! but i'm a bit dissapointed with the workmanship done by the installer. Not saying the quality of the installation but the on display or the wiring which is so messy and exposed.

yap, it should be much-much better than that.

Errr, the wiring is outside as there is no wooden board behind... My amps are screwed directly on to the chassis metal... It's by my own request. The installer is capable of much better job than this.

wow, very nice amp you have there, solidly built.

Is that 2 channel amp? how many watts rms? and how much you bought?

LCP;255600 said:
Errr, the wiring is outside as there is no wooden board behind... My amps are screwed directly on to the chassis metal... It's by my own request. The installer is capable of much better job than this.

i thought you shouldn't screw your amp directly to the body cause the body itself is the grounding. it will create interference or short circuit. that's what i made to understand. correct me if i'm wrong.

Strider... The Steg has plastic legs, and they jut out of the amp body, observe the photos... So, the amp body is very well isolated from the chassis...

wan520i... yes, 2-channel amp... 155Wx2 RMS in 4 ohm 2-channel mode, damping factor >1000... regulated power supply, so, it's still 155Wx2 right from 11V to I think 16V... used unit, almost a year old, got it off a buddy, I won't mention price...

wan520i... forgot to add that this amp is capable of going down to 1-ohm load in 2-channel mode... that's very beefy... can't remember offhand the power though. If you bridge it into a single channel amp, it is still capable of 2-ohm load, at 1110W RMS... I remembered this figure as I might be considering this series of amp for my sub also, in future...

superb dude...i m using the one model before by steg! its awesome! :)

good choice of equipment!

LCP;255656 said:
Strider... The Steg has plastic legs, and they jut out of the amp body, observe the photos... So, the amp body is very well isolated from the chassis...

what about the alphine amp? is it also got the plastic legs?
i envy the steg

Yes, the "decorative" body part (that include the legs) of the Alpine amp is also made of plastic if I'm not mistaken... Anyway, I think many amp manufacturers are aware of this issue and have taken care to electrically isolate the mounting screws from the amplifier main body, me thinks...

Here's the specs for the Steg K series, all models... click to view in full size, else can't read the fonts properly...

Steg_K_techdetails.gif

Hello LCP,
been a long time since we meet up. would love to have a listen at your SQ set up.

cheers.

Yeah man, long time no see, must meet up... I still hafta do something about my bass imaging, the sub firing directly into passenger compartment is very difficult to get it to image from the front.

ice racun from Golden is hard to sure. only temporary cure is lack of money. I am thinking of upgrading the front speakers as well as cables.

Oh yes, by all means, pls upgrade further your speakers and cables.... heehee :D more racun... :p cabutz...

LCP bro, I have upgraded my front speakers to 6.3" and it sounds so much different compare to 5". size does matter.

Heheh.... yep, size does matter... unfortunately my Steg has gone to the Steg hospital, wherever that may be... sigh... now temporarily back to powering the Dyns from my HU built-in amp (so at least I can still listen to something)... :(

Top Bottom