Steering Sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Teekay

Club Guest
Folks,I heard it is a very comment problem with E36 powersteering with srs airbag. My problem here is that it is very annoying to get a strange quirking sound from my steering everytime when you are making a huge turn. I have checked with my mechanic and he says that it is related to the airbag. It looks like a round plastic between the steering and the car. It will cost about RM 750 :getyourfactsright: . I tried putting some oil on it, but to no use.Are there any better and cheaper way to fix it? Cheers,TK

Originally posted by Teekay@Jan 12 2006, 05:08 PM
Folks,

Lately I am hearing funny sound :huh: from my steering. Especially if you are going round and round the car park. You will also feel it is not smooth anymore. I went to my workshop and being told that it has something to do with the airbag. To replace it is about RM 750 :getyourfactsright: , wouldn't recommend 2nd hand because it is not reliable. Put some oil doesn't work also.

Any recommendation?

Cheers,
TK
Please describe the sound.

Does it make a noise when you are turning the wheel?

Or when car is moving at full lock?

I can't imagine how the airbag would make a sound at the steering. Or do you mean a rattling noise when its moving?

Good grief. RM750 to fix the sound...

Originally posted by skar19@Jan 12 2006, 07:10 PM
Please post in the correct section.

Thank You

-The Moderator
Which are the correct section then? :huh:

Top Bottom