squeeze more power from e46 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bikerz

Club Guest
1 - changing to m54b30 manifold. i have sourced the manifold, but yet still searching for shop to install it. anybody knows who can custom the TB adapter and grind the TB?2 - underdrive pulley. Any trusted brand? anybody have history? coz heard a lot of story about electrical fail.3 - changing exhaust similar to 330Is it a good idea? means now only single pipe till back box, change to dual pipe.4 - reflash ecuhow much is expected whp gain?

bikerz;626340 said:
1 - changing to m54b30 manifold.
i have sourced the manifold, but yet still searching for shop to install it. anybody knows who can custom the TB adapter and grind the TB?

2 - underdrive pulley.
Any trusted brand? anybody have history? coz heard a lot of story about electrical fail.
Have a look at UUC offerings :- http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/ Lot's of good info on the danger of under drive pulleys

3 - changing exhaust similar to 330
Is it a good idea? means now only single pipe till back box, change to dual pipe.
Not a good idea plus it will be heavier since got additional pipe. Fyi bimmerworld race cars uses a single pipe configuration for their E46 330 race cars. Check out HKS offerings for 330 it's similiar to what bimmerworld is running.

4 - reflash ecu

how much is expected whp gain?
Crank hp can be around 10-15 depending on mods

answer in blue ... For what it's worth the biggest gain is the change of stock exhaust manifold to headers. There's plenty of documented gains (bimmerforums and e46fanatics) when using headers and by far gives the most performance.

My brother had once installed underdrive pulley (10% hp) onto his E46 320i and the result was awesome... coupled with BMC air filter (cone type) + re-flash ECU (about 10% increase in hp)... the power extracted was comparable to my E60 525i... as a matter of fact, his E46 pickup had the upper advantage due to its weight! :4: by the way, he installed the pulley at Exotic Mods so you might want to check with Shedden on this...

bikerz;626653 said:
tq tq.. how about manifold? nobody done that here?

Theres one shop do sell extractor for our e46. custom made. Silverbullet did his car there and got positive result. price around 2800 if not mistaken

Top Bottom