Squeaking sound

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

colebruno

Club Guest
There's some squeaking sound when I depressed and let go the brake several times. Sounds like when you have something in a polystyrene box and it rubs againt the box and you'll get a irritating squeaking sound. Just wondering if there is any simple diy to get rid of this or simply go to the workshop and pay $$$. Appreciate your response.

I think your brake servo is starting to fail. Air already entered the system. Unfortunately, there is no simple DIY. You might have to chage the servo. Worst case scenario, expect to pay in the range of 4 digits.

Ouch!

Sorry to walk all over ur thread. But do thse servos break often? ANd what will happen ifthey jsut decide to fail? Will it be like the Range Rover master pump where u gotta brake with all ur might just to get the 2.5 ton SUV to grind to a halt? :unsure:

Holy Mother Crapparama. I think I have the same symptoms on my e39. The sound is exactly as u described... 4 digits? Aiyo.... cannot take it lor.... Any good places to get someone to look at it? What is the brake servo anyway? No way to repair? :unsure:

Top Bottom