Spark Plugs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
I'm due to have my spark plugs changed and I'm considering between the Bosch or NGK. The NGK is the OEM model but the lowest price i managed to source for was RM55 per piece whilst the Bosch was RM22. Is this the normal prices or would it be cheaper to get it done at the mech, I was planning to DIY.Also is there any difference between the 2? which ones do you use?Thanks Buddies...

RM55 per piece for NGK ?
No way. Unless is a Platinum or Iridium
But I will still go for regular cheap NGK. Just replace it often.
No manufacturer, including Bosch, can claim in writting that their spark plugs have "better HP" performance than regular new spark plugs.

What is your car ? E30 ?

Some recommended Beru spark plugs for performance. Try to search for "Beru" in the forum.

Goodluck and keep us updated :)

Hi .

buy OWS spark plugs twin tip iridium. about RM90 a plug. Very good loh..... Made in german, initially made for porshe, bmw and merc. but now japs car also got already.

Speedy Timo;306456 said:
try using denso iridium model"IK20" no regrets cos i been using for some time already

Yup I've been using the long version IK20L for my '06 Civic and plan to use IK20 for my M54 during the next service window.

Iridium has the lowest heat and electric conductivity which make it a non-performance plug but extreme durable to heat and explosion.

get Silver plug

my E34 & E39 use different NGK /Bosch plug but Denso recomended the same IK20. can some one explain?

i m using the Beru Ultra-X for already 43,000 km's.. never felt any miss fire..

power is good, consumption also good..

pussy;318791 said:
i m using the Beru Ultra-X for already 43,000 km's.. never felt any miss fire..

power is good, consumption also good..

Where did you get those Beru Ultra-X, and how much per piece?
Thanks

I am on the OEM plugs from Bosch...RM10 pp.

I shall be servicing my car(E36 325i) soon when it hits 20000km (since I got it).

When I changed to Mobil 1 from Magnatec, I did notice a slight improvement, quieter and smoother.

I am now on Shell V Power, again I feel a slight improvement over Caltex, accelaration wise.

So now I am thinking of plugs. Searched the forums and the views are divided.

I believe that there are Cooper vs Platinum vs Iridium plugs.

Then there is 1 leg vs 2 leg vs 4 leg?

The popular brands seem to be Bosch vs NGK vs Beru vs Denso.

So which one do you guys think is suitable for E36 325i.

Thanks

PS I am also thinking of Pipercross drop in filter.

I got my Beru Iridium for 328i from fellow forummer "chairoger"..... PM him... no misfire's or what so ever. .. cheers

In order to say which spark plugs is good or not good, it all depends on the engine or model you have.. you can't put in the platinium plugs for the m20 engine cos it runs hot.. the beru plugs i use is mostly used for the M50, m52's engine..

Russie, the plugs are from EngSoon @SGD12.00 a piece.. now might be expansive.

Top Bottom