..spare tire help needed..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..okay..im sort of stuck...some time ago, i have removed/trashed RFT's came with my vehicle..so since then i have no spare tire, and i have no kit for fixing tubeless tires either..so i wanted to have spare tire but problem is, I just cant get it without buying whole pack of 4 tires what I dont want to do (or those guys from shops want to sell me all to get money)..can you guys pointed me somewhere where i could get 17 inch spare tire for my Z ? I dont mind to buy brand new tire for spare (actually i want that), and I dont mind to get some kit for fixing tires, I just need to know..where i can get it?

Ecc0, you may want to try this.. http://www.lelong.com.my/bmw-e90-lci-spare-wheel-kit-rm1750-76586706-2011-03-Sale-P.htm

Don't understand your question la.

From what I understand, you need a tyre for spare and since u only need 1, no tyre shop willing to sell 1 tyre to u?

Have u got a rim? what tyre size u need? 225/45R17? What tyre brand or model? New or used? I'll try to hook you up with my regular tyre shop to solve your problem.

yeah..I want to buy additional tire , similar to one i use on vehicle now, not one thiny from spare tire kit..so, in shops, they just dont do such thing (selling one) so i understand that...thats why Im asking is there any place i could get 1 tire , for use in case of emergency..i dont want to be eventual cause of problems for this may ride..so i wanna be sure i have all stuff in place

Ecc0;616679 said:
yeah..I want to buy additional tire , similar to one i use on vehicle now, not one thiny from spare tire kit..so, in shops, they just dont do such thing (selling one) so i understand that...thats why Im asking is there any place i could get 1 tire , for use in case of emergency..i dont want to be eventual cause of problems for this may ride..so i wanna be sure i have all stuff in place

New or used? any prefer brand/model/size?

Ecc0;616679 said:

i think you need to be a little bit more specific - do you require a tyre or rim or both? I'm guessing you actually having problem sourcing the rim and not the tyre? Dont think tyre is hard to source separately.

So, if you need a rim, specify the wheel style/type and size so our forummer can help rather than shooting on a blank wall and not a target.

oh and one more thing, since your car originally came with RFTs, does it have a wheel well in the boot? Dont know about Z4s but the 3s and 5s that came with RFTs dont have a wheel well.

If you dont have it where are you going to keep the spare tyre?

New tyre can be bought in pairs or 4 pcs or 1 pc. Of course, don't expect per piece price of buying 1 tyre, same as buying 4 la.

Used tyre is normally in pair because if they sell u 1 pc, the tyre shop will have problem getting rid the other 1 pc balance.

..im sorry for confusion guys..what was on my mind when i mentioned '1 tire', I was thinking rim + tire, ideally same dimensions as wheels set installed on car now..my Z4 doesn't have space for tire but it can fit easy (1 piece) on luggage area and i can even put top down with no problems with spare tire inside..I was thinking to buy also wheel cover so it will not make anything inside luggage bay dirty..its just hard to get it on way i want from few shops i have visited..they simply want to sell me 4 rims or tires, but not 1 rim with one tire on it..

okay bro understood, but again what wheel style and what size la? how can we find one 'like the one currently on your car' if we dont know what rim is on your car? a picture and size should be sufficient if you're not sure of the wheel style/name.

Cum over to the chop shop near my office...there's bunch of rims and tyres u can choose from, and i can say that it'll be cheaper than the tyre shop.

Call me when u're free to drop by :)

Top Bottom