SOS E36 cannot crank/start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemer04

Club Guest
Need help intermittently cannot crank start
- Dashboard lights on
- I have to wait or disamantle the batt or lock n unlock the car manually.

When refused to start my Central locking do not work

Ejen car able to start it cranks well. Could it be the starter motor???

E36/320coupe

I have had similar problems

When unlock the doors suddenly 3 secs after all doors unlocked my passenger door will lock automatically and I can't crank the car.

Even when u try to unlock either manually or by key it will lock the passenger door and refuse to start

New Batt n Starter motor replaced but still persist

Could it be the Central locking module, mine is a 2 door still can't find a used unit yet

beemer04 said:
I have had similar problems

When unlock the doors suddenly 3 secs after all doors unlocked my passenger door will lock automatically and I can't crank the car.

Even when u try to unlock either manually or by key it will lock the passenger door and refuse to start

New Batt n Starter motor replaced but still persist

Could it be the Central locking module, mine is a 2 door still can't find a used unit yet
If you think it is the central locking module aka GM4 module, then you unplug it. Your car can still function except you loose the function of the door locking and power window.

beemer04 said:
Jarance I need the module for a 2 door coupe, any leads?
If I am not mistaken, 4 door GM4 module can use for 2 doors but not the other way round.

check "BMW Fans" website for the part number to be sure.

check ur battery , then crank sensor , then only ur starter wiring .... dismantle the battery for 1 hours should help to reset ur car setting afterall.

I've had this kind of problem last year.When the door was opened 3 seconds later, all the doors suddenly opened my door will be automatically locked, I can not crank the car.

Top Bottom