Some repair cost estimate

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pumpkin76

Club Guest
I hope I'm posting this thread in the right section, pls correct me if i'm wrong...For an E30, how much does it cost to repair the brake sensor? I've booked an E30, the red light on the dash with a circle logo next to the parking brake light was always lite up. The seller said the sensor was costly to repair and most people would just plug off the bulb.... but i prefer to get it fix so that it can be an indicator in the future when the pad was due for replacement. Any idea how much?Secondly, the speed meter and the trip/odometer was not working, I need this fixed so that can monitor the service interval and of course, how fast I'm going.... the seller said it might be tedious to just replace the broken parts and suggest me to change the whole meter cluster... true? and cost estimation for these 2 options?The car was a E30 318i with a M44 manual transplanted.Thanks all sifus....

bro, suggest you get the boys of optimum or bluegreen to take a look, appraise the car's condition and provide you with cost estimate.

pumpkin76;638453 said:
I hope I'm posting this thread in the right section, pls correct me if i'm wrong...

For an E30, how much does it cost to repair the break sensor? I've booked an E30, the red light on the dash with a circle logo next to the parking break light was always lite up. The seller said the sensor was costly to repair and most people would just plug off the bulb.... but i prefer to get it fix so that it can be an indicator in the future when the pad was due for replacement. Any idea how much?

Secondly, the speed meter and the trip/odometer was not working, I need this fixed so that can monitor the service interval and of course, how fast I'm going.... the seller said it might be tedious to just replace the broken parts and suggest me to change the whole meter cluster... true? and cost estimation for these 2 options?

The car was a E30 318i with a M44 manual transplanted.

Thanks all sifus....

Congrats bro. So you finally got that ABX...E30 ? If yes, you gonna enjoy every moment with it. It was also owned by a forumer here before.

Speed meter, could be due to faulty sensor in your diff, i paid RM180 to replace mind with a brand new unit which appears to be a genuine BMW unit.
As for break light, it could just be showing low break fluid level. If its break sensor, don't worry about the cost, they are not expensive.

Have fun with it!!!

Thanks guys for the advice! I most probably will go to optimum for the checking since it's near where I stay.

Bro pardypeople, yeah... went to have a 2nd look at it 2 weekends ago... saw the BMWclubmalaysia sticker on the front windscreen.... was it the ex-owner or current owner?

Hahaha mention m44 e30 and everyone knows about it :biggrin: I was considering it too, but too bad couldn't take the time off to check it out in Perak..

It might be true - sourcing for a fully functioning used meter cluster could be cheaper and simpler rather than to troubleshoot and repair whatsoever's wrong with it. I might know someone who might have some spare meter sets. Pm me if u need the contact.
I admire your determination to mend your brake sensor. Yes it's a headache to see it lits all the time. I used to worry about all those little glitches too; but i stopped doing those after learning that with an E30, if something is not wrong, dont fuck with it. Haha. From now on I am piling up all the minor glitches until they justify a total makeover. Just like mizhan's red.

Welcome to E30 ownership, if youre new to it. Trust me youre going to love your new adventure :)

LOL.... sorry guys..... corrected my typo in my first post.... BRAKE not BREAK.... LOL....

Bro pumpkin76, I thought you purchased the car? Saw it on mudah today for sale from the same seller....Whats the story bro???

Top Bottom