Slight power loss on the car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sharizat

Club Guest
To all the sifu's , need some advice hereI am experiencing slight power loss on pickup for my car. At the traffic light, there is less power to shoot of. Any advice on how to regain a few HP missing :frown: I have serviced, change the plugs and all seem to be working abit, check on the diagnose machine there is no error fault code. So if there is a way to regain the power loss do tell me :top:

Kasi taruk ini barang bolih improve HP ma..bro :top:

New-GT2256V-700935-Turbo-Turbine-font-b-Turbocharger-b-font-For-font-b-BMW-b-font.jpg

Alex5522;823360 said:
Kasi taruk ini barang bolih improve HP ma..bro :top:

New-GT2256V-700935-Turbo-Turbine-font-b-Turbocharger-b-font-For-font-b-BMW-b-font.jpg

ini sudah terlebih power bro.. hahahhaa..

the thing is dont wanna play turbo or supercharger at this moment. just want to maintain stock engine with a bit of HP gain.

still cracking my head on what to do. they say that changing vanos seal will help improve power and also improve fuel consumption. My vanos seal is the original beisan vanos seal that has been replace last year before raya. Just wondering any other ways or things to check ?

when was the last time you checked ur tires bro? xcukup angin kot......

gendong;823369 said:
when was the last time you checked ur tires bro? xcukup angin kot......

recently check and it is the normal presure for 18 inch. semua ok tp ade power loss abit during pickup. Do spark plugs play important role in power? i change the standard recommended spark plug for BMW but then still giving the same output

ESS is out of my budget as i need to change a 330i engine to feel the powah :D

could be one or a few of your engine sensors are faulty. go get checked.

mizhan;823383 said:
could be one or a few of your engine sensors are faulty. go get checked.

dah check bang but it dint come out in any of the error codes.
today will try to go behind my house. now shifted at cheras. Behind my house there is one BMW performance shop. Maybe can go and get it checked there and see what seems to be the real problem of the power loss.. Fingers crossed hope nothing major need to be done with the car :wink:

Strider74;823542 said:
Any recent DIYs? :burnout:

ahahahha takde recent DIY ler:21:
now i can feel slight loss of power during pickup je.. takpe malam ni discuss the possibilities

if not masuk 330 nya engine jer :rock:

just need the extra power on pickup tuh je.. feels sluggish abit :eek:

eh bang......lopeh kawin ni manjang nk tambah power je.........wakakaka......:burnout:

Power loss in the mind probably. Once you get used to it, you wont feel it and want more. Power is never enough.

polaris78;823561 said:
rememer to check your gb temperature as well, that is a silent killer.

What will be the ideal gearbox temperature?

sharizat;823356 said:
To all the sifu's , need some advice here

I am experiencing slight power loss on pickup for my car. At the traffic light, there is less power to shoot of.
Any advice on how to regain a few HP missing :frown:
I have serviced, change the plugs and all seem to be working abit, check on the diagnose machine there is no error fault code.
So if there is a way to regain the power loss do tell me :top:

Sensors like oxygen/lamda sensors, camshaft sensors will play some roles. Misfire (spark plug/coils) as well. If ou are currently using semi syn engine oil, try to change to higher grade fully syn like Rowe or Luqui Moly or whatever high grade. I'm a semi sync 10/40 users. Once I change to Rowe fully syn and I can feel significant performance increase. I revert back to semi as those fully cepat makan minyak :)

gendong;823545 said:
eh bang......lopeh kawin ni manjang nk tambah power je.........wakakaka......:burnout:

Hahahahaha mano ado la bang... Sudden loss of power lepas tukar semua ori parts masa service.. Found out the prob dah.. Was a leak in the intake hose before the MAF sensor

wingzee;823553 said:
Check plugs and coils. Scan for any engine-related errors.

Did the check and found the culprit. It was a leak at the inatke hose near the MAF sensor. Dint realize it till they did a proper check

Solved the issue . Did a check behind my house and the mech check it was a leak at the intake hose near the mAF ... Change it and it was supper ... Even check the vanos mechanical fault and clean the throttle body and any relAted faults that relTing to my problem. Thanks guys for the help and advice.. What i learn is that a proper shop that does and have the latest diagnostic tool is sufficient to check in-depth on any fault. Got some of the faults fix where normal diagnostic tool could not detect.

So called up my mech regarding this and yes he is planing to get the full diagnostic tool for his shop.. Problem solved and im a happy man

sharizat;824044 said:
Solved the issue . Did a check behind my house and the mech check it was a leak at the intake hose near the mAF ... Change it and it was supper ... Even check the vanos mechanical fault and clean the throttle body and any relAted faults that relTing to my problem. Thanks guys for the help and advice.. What i learn is that a proper shop that does and have the latest diagnostic tool is sufficient to check in-depth on any fault. Got some of the faults fix where normal diagnostic tool could not detect.

So called up my mech regarding this and yes he is planing to get the full diagnostic tool for his shop.. Problem solved and im a happy man

Good bro to hear its solved thumps up...
May I know the mech shop behind your house...:rock:

zidee;823589 said:
Sensors like oxygen/lamda sensors, camshaft sensors will play some roles. Misfire (spark plug/coils) as well. If ou are currently using semi syn engine oil, try to change to higher grade fully syn like Rowe or Luqui Moly or whatever high grade. I'm a semi sync 10/40 users. Once I change to Rowe fully syn and I can feel significant performance increase. I revert back to semi as those fully cepat makan minyak :)

Thanks bro fornthe advice n did all the checks

Top Bottom