Shoutout to all BMW Owners

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eric_s

Club Guest
Hi All,Eric here from OKR.... new to the forum.... used to drive a manual 518 in the 90s in UK.... damn good drive....back in Malaysia for the past decade, sad to say only now can afford to get a beemer....started searching for 1 (skewed towards 320d, but wifey pestering for the X1), be it new or premium.. so hopefully can get as much information as possible from all sifus and sifuettes here before jumping into the bandwagon.....cheers!

you got to beware...when you hint of interest in the 320d, do expect heaps of racun from the oil burner community here haha.
the x1d is also a really fun car to drive - it sticks to the road with its xdrive!
anyways, welcome, and i hope you manage to find your bimmer soon!

The sound insulation of the X1 is not really as quiet as the 320d. The 520d sound insulation takes the cake though-superb! But your wife probably likes it (hard and) loud? hee hee-sorry, always cheeky!

can i know which x1 model.. the petrol or the diesel? as far as fuel consumption, the 320d is the lowest.. one full tank can go 1000km:top:

hahaha thks for the refreshing greeting docrayboy.... the 520d is a tad too large for my liking..... i likey weaving in out of traffic....
insulation is a must..... if got GF coz dun want to wake up thy neighbours!

bro muhaiminrahim.....looking at diesel.... but for the additional 40k... personally dun think its worth it coz its all the same engine!

went to AB in jln tun razak for test drive, but too bad their 320d had a flat.... so only tested the 320i..... damn potong steam...
but the sales manager was kind enuf to "promise" to send the car to my office when its all perked up for the test drive......
monday woh..... so shall wait and see......
the 320i was surprisingly grunty but noticed a small delay in the power delivery......
revved it up to 5k at the pandan roundabout traffic lights with the SA sitting behind looking worried..... hahahaha

eric, check out all the 320d threads for more info. you won't go wrong with it as a fun filled daily ride, classy weekender or even a workhorse.
do share your experience with the test drive once you have done it - try testing the 323i, 320d and X1 at one go to get a fair comparison between the 3. Why don't you try AB Sg Besi if you are around that area, or check out Quill/Ingress in PJ, you'll definitely find a 320d test drive unit there. strange that the car had a flat...
btw, kg pandan roundabout is a fun place to test cars with the xdrive allwheel power system, if there are no cars, try flooring the accelerator around the turns. :4:

Welcome to the forums bro.

Like the rest has mentioned, do try out the 320d. Who knows, you'll even sign on the dotted line immediately after the test drive. :biggrin:

Maniac;665283 said:
try testing the 323i, 320d and X1 at one go to get a fair comparison between the 3 :4:

maniac, i must say this is a good idea.. or not you wont know the difference.. :top:

eric, call your SA and tell him that you want to test drive all 3 at one go.. i m sure he will surely oblige..:smokin:

Get the 320d !!! I just took my car on Friday with full tank, been driving for 2 days.... Travel about 180km, but the meter there still can go for 770km !!!!

Bro maniac, muhaiminrahim, that's exactly what I hv requested, for all 3 to be test driven. But unfortunately only d 320i was made available. Yeah, I was quite surprised that d 320d had a flat on runflats.. But d sales mgr clarified that there was a tear on the sidewalls, and for safety reasons, decided not to allow for d test drive..
Anyways, I hv the patience to wait... So let's see how the next few days... Definitely going For a looooong test drive!

ronnie2k9;665362 said:
Get the 320d !!! I just took my car on Friday with full tank, been driving for 2 days.... Travel about 180km, but the meter there still can go for 770km !!!!

thats a no-brainer and agtree with u, ronnie! the 320d is the car to get! no need test drive-just get it! Nike's slogan-JUST DO IT! 320d slogan/tag line-JUST GET IT!

docrayboy;665458 said:
thats a no-brainer and agtree with u, ronnie! the 320d is the car to get! no need test drive-just get it! Nike's slogan-JUST DO IT! 320d slogan/tag line-JUST GET IT!

thks for the vote of confidence bro..... still waiting for the test drive on the 320d and also the X1 20d..... lets see what happens after that! building with anticipation now after all the wonderful feedbacks!

eric_s;666132 said:
thks for the vote of confidence bro..... still waiting for the test drive on the 320d and also the X1 20d..... lets see what happens after that! building with anticipation now after all the wonderful feedbacks!

[video=youtube;9Y675TUsSnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y675TUsSnQ[/video]

docrayboy;636740 said:
Get the 320d now, don't waste your precious few years before you rejoin Elvis....

docrayboy, hope you dont mind me cut paste your previous posting again here.. :top:

ok... point clearly taken.... thks bros :top:
last thing to ask....
which dealer gives the best deal? i know all are giving the standard "so cheap until you can't believe its true" interest rate, and free 3 years all inclusive service/repair.... but which dealer stands out in terms of overall package/deal/freebies/rebates/discounts/etc....?

eric_s;666566 said:
ok... point clearly taken.... thks bros :top:
last thing to ask....
which dealer gives the best deal? i know all are giving the standard "so cheap until you can't believe its true" interest rate, and free 3 years all inclusive service/repair.... but which dealer stands out in terms of overall package/deal/freebies/rebates/discounts/etc....?

Eric bro, I like Quill PJ, they have beaten all the other dealers's best deals so far for the forummers whom I've helped . PM me with the best offer you have received so far, and I'll get Quill PJ to better that! Their director Roland is a pal of mine.Better tinting,full tank of fuel on receiving car, extension of 3 to5 years BSRI....everything's negotiable! Power to the people!!

docrayboy;666595 said:
Eric bro, I like Quill PJ, they have beaten all the other dealers's best deals so far for the forummers whom I've helped . PM me with the best offer you have received so far, and I'll get Quill PJ to better that! Their director Roland is a pal of mine.Better tinting,full tank of fuel on receiving car, extension of 3 to5 years BSRI....everything's negotiable! Power to the people!!

UGPM Bro... THANKS!

Top Bottom