Sharing : Purchased parts from a not so genuine shop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

simonso

Club Guest
Just wanted to check how familiar is you guys with Stuttgart Motorsport, Taman Mayang?My workshop in Putra Heights knows the boss pretty well so he take most of the parts there.4 months after changing, the parts purchase from them started to wear off.Latest one was my oil level sensor, I've decided to buy on my own from Bavarian Auto
4318120517_c1a8cbcf9b_o.jpg
Then my dad took it to the mech at Putra Heights only to find the older one doesn't have a brand.
4318854240_924dbf54df_o.jpg
So just wanted to share how the box looks like just in case you guys come across situations like this.PS: "They" deliver the parts to my mech in a plastic bag most of the time.

Been buying parts from stuttgart too... So far all of their products do come in a box and have brand names on it. No prob with me so far. I'll bet if you buy the parts yourself from stuttgart it'll come with the boxes and brand name on the parts too.
Maybe your mech ordered a non branded OEM parts??? i'm just speculating of course. Having said that nowaday there are few distinctions when it comes to parts ... Original BMW (cost a bomb), OEM original (Mahle, Lemforder and etc), Fake and even OEM equivalant (not sure about that tho).

Here's a thread discussing about the parts:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23746

Hellraiser;494894 said:
Heard from my spare part supplier, Stuttgart makes their own made-in-china parts.

Wow I didn't know that ... very interesting.

B33mEr - yeah you could be right as well. My mech could have just ordered the non genuine parts.

But Hellraiser sure made this suspicion more suspicious. Ha ha. Anyway thanks for sharing.

I'm using this filter in my E90 N46B20..

Some similarity to your packaging but not identical..
oilchange07b.jpg

oilchange07c.jpg

oilchange07.jpg

simonso;494840 said:
My workshop in Putra Heights knows the boss pretty well so he take most of the parts there.

Hi simonso, where exactly the shop is at Putra Heights.

Can be the boss of the workshop not sincere, can be the alleged part supplier not sincere, can be the despatch rider from the alleged workshop delivering parts to the workshop not sincere..

Such thing can even happen in SC if not careful. Easy money!

Top Bottom