Seek advice : considering 5 Series 530d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DieselBimmer

Club Guest
Elo Currently am driving the Honda Civic 2.0 and recently offered by my outgoing CEO to buy his 530d 2006. Current company release price is RM99,000 based on 6 years depreciation. Seeking your advice of what I should avoid or to accept the offer.Never driven any diesel car in my life but told this is a very powerful and economy car and sometime hard to find petrol station with the right nozzle. :)"Sie Sie Ni"Cerisa

go for it... well, honestly driving a bmw is about pleasure.. it's just feel great and relaxing sitting and driving a beemer.. for example, me, i work more than 12 hours daily, and even worst if i'm oncall can reach 32 hours straight.. but when i get in my car.. all the tiredness just hilang like that.. really love the comfort feeling in an e60.. performance wise? never driven a civic 2.0 before, but main kejar2 at highway selalu la.. so i xnak komen takut "one sided" pulak.. i greatly recommend u to take the e60.. RM99,000 is a good price..

fuel? very JIMAT!!!!, my wife persona RM50 in 4 days dah kering, my e60 RM110 2 weeks usage (pegi balik kerja +/- 30 km daily)

DieselBimmer;742805 said:
Elo
Currently am driving the Honda Civic 2.0 and recently offered by my outgoing CEO to buy his 530d 2006. Current company release price is RM99,000 based on 6 years depreciation. Seeking your advice of what I should avoid or to accept the offer. Never driven any diesel car in my life but told this is a very powerful and economy car and sometime hard to find petrol station with the right nozzle. :) ..."Sie Sie Ni"
Cerisa

RM99K is indeed a good price ... get it and you can get all the help you want in this forum ... plenty of otai's ard to help.... for a start ... if the car has full sevice record, try get a copy and see wht has been change and wht not. That will somewht tell you a bit abt the car itself ....

Cheers.

Just to share; the year 2004 530d would range from 118k to 130k depends on the condition; I've seen a recent transaction of 2004 530d at less than 90k but the condition wasn't something desirable and there were quite a lot of parts require replacement.

I've yet to bump into a 2006 530d in the used market during my 1 month searching around :); I reckon if it does pops up in used market; the asking range would be circa 140-150k.

I wish my boss offered me such a good deal :p

530D e60 specs are usually filled up to the brim! Comfort seats, sun shades, sunroof, soft close doors etc etc...
Where can you get such great car at that kind of money.

Thanks for all

Its part of the company benefits and RM99,000 is based on depreciation value.

Are you sure nothing will go wrong? I am very new to conti car also am a girl

It's a darn good deal if I may say so. Have not came accross any e60 that dips below 100k. There's also no guarantee that the car is free of any issue, but heck, even fresh from the showroom car also sometimes breakdown. Just need time to understand the car, what has been done, what needs to be changed etc and you are sure to look forward to a smooth drive....... All the best!

1 thing you need to do for sure in order to learn about this car more upon ur ownership :

Lots of reading from this forum and other forum regarding owning and maintaining .

cheers

DieselBimmer;742872 said:
Thanks for all

Its part of the company benefits and RM99,000 is based on depreciation value.

Are you sure nothing will go wrong? I am very new to conti car also am a girl

No one can guarantee that, even for a well maintained car. It just means you will have LESS problems, not NO problems. Whenever you buy a used car, you have to be prepared for some measure of problems. There will always be the usual wear and tear parts that need replacing, as well as the odd problems here and there.

Personally for me, RM99K is a really good price. It will more than offset any maintenance costs that you need to do for next 3-4 years. At that price, you could even use the car for maybe 2 years AND sell it off then at same price! :)

By the way, just to be sure, check that 2006 is also the year of manufacture and not just year of registration.

if this is a company car, shouldnt it be brought brand new plus fully serviced?
i would assume a 530d Would be bought for a company director or some sort and have a service record.
and I believe TS would have known the car quite well and seems to be driven in it- quote: cant find the right nozzle to pump petrol or this case: diesel

Great bargain you've got there,any of your C-level resigning soon hehe.. U r more than welcome to join our tt and can learn more during that session.

go for the 530D if you dont mind the clattering sound and black smoke (some ladies are quite particular about this), but you will get a powerful car (more powerful than most of the diesel boys here :p) with economical fuel consumption :)

also you may want to consider paying a more expensive roadtax for the 3.0L engine ~ RM2077.50

Attractive offer.i'd take it anytime.better come to our TT so u can learn more.
Ask for experience from the real 530d owner (e.g dzuljazz)

DieselBimmer;743552 said:
I have extend the privilege to my friend, am not ready for BMW. :)

No worries, maybe some other time :) BMW makes very nice cars though, lol.

Go for it, the price is good, i too own a 530d lci, its a very good car, trust me it will be hard for you to get another to replace the 530d, not to worry about the fuel nozzle, this is a very efficient car, so u will fuel up very less, just that you will need to maintain the car on time to avoid problems, apart from that its a very good buy for the price

Top Bottom