Scratches on window

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mikeyew

Club Guest
Hi guys,I noticed some deep scratches on my rear car window after I've send the car for washing today :eek: Does anyone knows what can be done to remove these scratches or is there any professional shops that can fix it? Thanks in advance for your invaluable response.

Ayo, why no response or recomendations from all the sifus out there? Please give some guidance lah

mike, I'm no sifu but you can try getting some glass polish from some of the hardware stores. My car has some scratches caused by the wiper blade. Have bought some glass polish but haven't tried it yet so can't comment if its effective.

Check this link for more info on glass scratches.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18275

Hope this helps.

seech;273220 said:
mike, I'm no sifu but you can try getting some glass polish from some of the hardware stores. My car has some scratches caused by the wiper blade. Have bought some glass polish but haven't tried it yet so can't comment if its effective.

Check this link for more info on glass scratches.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18275

Hope this helps.

Thanks bro Seech,
I was thinking along the same thing but was hoping that there are some professional shops out there can do it properly. DIY is something very risky as it might worsen the situation.

Btw, for your wiper marks on your wind screen, actually there is a shop that can remove it professionally. The name is Dr. Cermin Ent. Call Amos 012 3313625 if you're interested. The can only remove scratches on the wind screen and not side windows.

Best regards.

Bro's,

there's this shop near my office that you can try. Repaired my cracked windscreen there before.

if you are coming from sect14 in pj, go towards the rothmans roundabout. at the roundabout, take 12 o'clock. after that, cross a 'funny' junction and look for the shop on your right..... (atas bukit). shop is 2 doors away from kana curry house.

cheers.

cppeng;273343 said:
bro, how about small pit holes???

Errr, you mean stone chips or dings on the wind screen? Yes, these guys can repair all sorts as long as the wind screen is laminated.

QD250;273344 said:
Bro's,

there's this shop near my office that you can try. Repaired my cracked windscreen there before.

if you are coming from sect14 in pj, go towards the rothmans roundabout. at the roundabout, take 12 o'clock. after that, cross a 'funny' junction and look for the shop on your right..... (atas bukit). shop is 2 doors away from kana curry house.

cheers.

Bro QD, Yeap I know this shop and in fact been there to repair my wind screen too. He really did a great job in repairing all those irritating stone chips off my wind screen. Now, the problem is as I was given to understand, they can only repair laminated glass like wind screen BUT my problem now is on my rear side window glass - this is more tricky it seams. I'm really lost of ideas already...Sorb

really they can't fix other than windscreen? I thought they can just wipe the scratch with some glass resin.

Somebody also just decided to scratch my sidewindow instead of the body *sigh* guess gotta head to some chopshop for replacement.

Top Bottom