Right Rim Size for E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

creed

Club Guest
Well, going through tonnes of thoughts of the right rim size on the daily ride, currently on 19" but keep wondering whether 17 would be better.Anyone kind to share whats the right size for balance between comfort and handling, spoke to some guys and their honest feedback is to go back 17" lol.Wife would drive the car sometime and i always worry about she hitting pot holes on the 19", touch wood it hasn't but would 17" a big difference in comfort compare to 19"? Never ride on a E60 with 17", my friend with 18" M-Sport rim rides almost like my 19" the last i sat in the car, dun feel 19" a big trade off in term of comfort compare to 18"Appreciate view from sifu here :)Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Fren of mine a daily driver using 20" ... 19" is frequent and is fully depending what you want ... potholes in boleh land cant be avoided ... its normal ...

The bigger the rim size, it means you need lower tyre profiles. When tyre profiles are lower, it will definitely affect comfort. This theory applies to all cars, not only BMW :) Therefore if you want comfort then please stick on 17"/18". There's no such thing as good comfort and handling at the same time (you cannot have the best of both). However if you're asking to have something in between then I think 18" would work fine.

creed;749637 said:
Well, going through tonnes of thoughts of the right rim size on the daily ride, currently on 19" but keep wondering whether 17 would be better.

Anyone kind to share whats the right size for balance between comfort and handling, spoke to some guys and their honest feedback is to go back 17" lol.

Wife would drive the car sometime and i always worry about she hitting pot holes on the 19", touch wood it hasn't but would 17" a big difference in comfort compare to 19"? Never ride on a E60 with 17", my friend with 18" M-Sport rim rides almost like my 19" the last i sat in the car, dun feel 19" a big trade off in term of comfort compare to 18"

Appreciate view from sifu here :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Bro,
If you want comfort, stick to the original 17", 225/50R17. Even the F10 is running on 17", 225/55R17

Thanks for all the comment, will hop on a ride with my friend E60 with original 17" rim coming week, if its a big different might pull the trigger :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

17" is also better for your wallet :) 19" donuts are very expensive these days

I think 17" or 18" will be suitable in terms of value for money/handling/comfort.

This might not be related. I was told 17" tyres are cheaper than 16". Is it because of high demand for 17" tyres?

Psykit;750775 said:
I think 17" or 18" will be suitable in terms of value for money/handling/comfort.

This might not be related. I was told 17" tyres are cheaper than 16". Is it because of high demand for 17" tyres?

bro,
It all depends on the size. You may get lower prices for the popular sizes. Actually, the range for 16" tyres are wider thus cheaper:top:

I see. When I was shopping for 225/55/R16 tyres, I noticed 225/45/R16 tyres are either the same price if not cheaper. That's when I wonder and start asking around...

Psykit;750958 said:
I see. When I was shopping for 225/55/R16 tyres, I noticed 225/45/R16 tyres are either the same price if not cheaper. That's when I wonder and start asking around...

For a 2ton car, 45 series tyre wit 16 rim is highly not recommended bro..rim easily kena hard bang or bengkok when langgar lubang..even standard is 225/50/17 for e60..smaller rim n smaller series, sounds like trouble in waiting..

azamin99;751436 said:
For a 2ton car, 45 series tyre wit 16 rim is highly not recommended bro..rim easily kena hard bang or bengkok when langgar lubang..even standard is 225/50/17 for e60..smaller rim n smaller series, sounds like trouble in waiting..
The standard size 225/50R17 should be a good compromise between comfort and handling as the German engineers would have done enough test and research :top:

can i change the tires size from 245/40/18 to 245/45/18 in order to get more comfort feeling ?? Mine is E60 Msport.
Thx

Managed to sit in a stock 525 with 17" rim; comfort wise is quite a big difference and I do think apart from the look and handling which 19" excels at; the 17" is a very feasible options for a daily ride

Since the 19" rubber is almost new, will continue to use it till the rubber reach the stage of a change, then along the way would start to seeks some nice 17" rim for the future replacement :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom