Retrofiting E60 Control Display with GPS in the original console

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vinloo

Club Guest
Came across in latest Motor Trader magazine that a 3rd party company is able to incorporate GPS facility into the original basic E60 6.5" monitor without changing the unit for RM2,000. Has anyone done it before? Please provide your experience if you have. TQ.

vinloo;560012 said:
Came across in latest Motor Trader magazine that a 3rd party company is able to incorporate GPS facility into the original basic E60 6.5" monitor without changing the unit for RM2,000. Has anyone done it before? Please provide your experience if you have. TQ.

if not mistaken its sumthing like this.

1.Multimedia interface device
2. 3rd party GPS module and map..

you can use gps in widescreen but i dont know which brand...if garmin module only cost rm2090 without interface.. and with that interface also you can add in reverse camera and dvd changer.

Hakim,

Can I know the place? Wanted to install that on my X6

hakim_radzuan;563170 said:
if not mistaken its sumthing like this.

1.Multimedia interface device
2. 3rd party GPS module and map..

you can use gps in widescreen but i dont know which brand...if garmin module only cost rm2090 without interface.. and with that interface also you can add in reverse camera and dvd changer.

This sounds like upgrading the idrive to professional version.
Care to share the address for this workshop?

I'm interested in this one too. At least I don't need to have a separate device for my GPS but problem is, where to find the interface cable and does it work with any GPS system in the market even those made in China ones? lol

zeck;747151 said:
Bro hakim,
Which part of uptown dsara..any landmark..?

Bro, Zeck. U interested to install? Can have a look at mine, and u can decide..:eek::top:

Top Bottom