Respray with new front + rear M3 bumper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vwnair16

Club Guest
Hi Guys,I was quoted RM2.8k for full inside/out respray. I asked the workshop foreman if he knew any bodykit supplier and later told me that the new M style bumpers will cost be another RM2.2k (RM1.1k each). He said this is a better quality type compared to the carbon fiber (RM500-ish each) as that will apparently leak after a while (not entirely sure what he meant by it). Seeking any advice on this :dontknow:

vwnair16;713943 said:
Hi Guys,

I was quoted RM2.8k for full inside/out respray. I asked the workshop foreman if he knew any bodykit supplier and later told me that the new M style bumpers will cost be another RM2.2k (RM1.1k each). He said this is a better quality type compared to the carbon fiber (RM500-ish each) as that will apparently leak after a while (not entirely sure what he meant by it). Seeking any advice on this :dontknow:

Are sure carbon fiber type u'd mentioned? I believe that's normal fiber (usually FRP or fiber glass type). Carbon fiber for sure will cost you Tomahawk. And never seen anybody fit in the CF for whole bumper.
In terms of spray, it's really subjective bro. If the quotation with the best liquor (Glasurit etc), then the price is reasonable. M-Bumper; there's 3 type for E46 generally (M3 / M3 CSL / M-Sport) I'm just swapped my bumper with M3 CSL style and it costed me almost the same price as yours (excluding the side skirt -RM430) with PU (Polyurethane) material, hardly crack and repairable.

Fireuz;714082 said:
Are sure carbon fiber type u'd mentioned? I believe that's normal fiber (usually FRP or fiber glass type). Carbon fiber for sure will cost you Tomahawk. And never seen anybody fit in the CF for whole bumper.
In terms of spray, it's really subjective bro. If the quotation with the best liquor (Glasurit etc), then the price is reasonable. M-Bumper; there's 3 type for E46 generally (M3 / M3 CSL / M-Sport) I'm just swapped my bumper with M3 CSL style and it costed me almost the same price as yours (excluding the side skirt -RM430) with PU (Polyurethane) material, hardly crack and repairable.

Where'd u get the m3 csl rear bumper?
Looking for one too..but keep jumpe fibre one...want PU (no PP?) like urs...

azeL_Inc;714381 said:
Where'd u get the m3 csl rear bumper?
Looking for one too..but keep jumpe fibre one...want PU (no PP?) like urs...

In Sunway bro.. Only sky is the limit.. My one, only the front and side skirting I took M3 PU Normal bumper (with fog lamp), but for the rear, I bought the high grade fiber, in case I intend to do the wide-body project in future (normally people will do the wide body using high grade fiber cause easy to cut). The quality-wise; it's enough make me satisfied, since it's really tough thou (I did slammed it with brass wood in front of the seller since he assure me that this fiber hardly to break). And this fiber came with black color too.

I've spent about 3.7k for complete kit (front, rear, side skirt and spray with Glasurit, waxing and paint treatment). So far, I would say, I satisfied with the product. Once you spray it, no one will notice it is made by fiber. But really have to make sure that it is the real hard fiber, not the soft like FRP (normally comes with grey color).

Other thing, you keep jumpe the fiber cause the original CSL have shorter width, which will look not right once u fitted in, and very rare people will buy this.

Ops.. forget to mention, the price is including the front plate base, and reverse sensor too :top:. So I guess its worth the dough!

Fireuz;714400 said:
In Sunway bro.. Only sky is the limit.. My one, only the front and side skirting I took M3 PU Normal bumper (with fog lamp), but for the rear, I bought the high grade fiber, in case I intend to do the wide-body project in future (normally people will do the wide body using high grade fiber cause easy to cut). The quality-wise; it's enough make me satisfied, since it's really tough thou (I did slammed it with brass wood in front of the seller since he assure me that this fiber hardly to break). And this fiber came with black color too.

I've spent about 3.7k for complete kit (front, rear, side skirt and spray with Glasurit, waxing and paint treatment). So far, I would say, I satisfied with the product. Once you spray it, no one will notice it is made by fiber. But really have to make sure that it is the real hard fiber, not the soft like FRP (normally comes with grey color).

Other thing, you keep jumpe the fiber cause the original CSL have shorter width, which will look not right once u fitted in, and very rare people will buy this.

Bro, the 3.7K, includes front/rear bumper + skirting + reverse sensor?? And I assume painting for the bumpers and not the whole car? So is my 2.2k a reasonable quote? :D

vwnair16;714757 said:
Bro, the 3.7K, includes front/rear bumper + skirting + reverse sensor?? And I assume painting for the bumpers and not the whole car? So is my 2.2k a reasonable quote? :D

Depends with what you meant with "better quality type" at the first post. If it PU, then, you should grab the offer. But if it from fiber material, so it's normal quotation thou..

Ok thanx bro, according to the foreman he did mention PU (I called him and reconfirmed), so guess I'm a happier man now. 1 question, how do I differentiate between PU and fiber? I doubt I could tell the difference.

vwnair16;714769 said:
Ok thanx bro, according to the foreman he did mention PU (I called him and reconfirmed), so guess I'm a happier man now. 1 question, how do I differentiate between PU and fiber? I doubt I could tell the difference.

PU material = Rubber combined with the toughness and durability of metal (don't get confuse with PP-Plastic Polymer) - Mudah nak lentur
Fiber = Easy to notice, because it's hard and you can see the benang2 campur gam kering at the edge and inside part of bumper - Susah nak lentur
FRP = Useless! :thefinger:-always comes grey color and very very easy to break! -Poket mudah luntur

I guess you're lucky if you could get PU with that price. Go for it bro! :top:

Nice, guess I was lucky or I got conned hahaha. But this guy looked genuine, so will take his word for it but good to know how to differentiate so at least I have some points to argue if he is indeed taking me for a ride. Thanx again bro, appreciate the advice.

vwnair16;714780 said:
Nice, guess I was lucky or I got conned hahaha. But this guy looked genuine, so will take his word for it but good to know how to differentiate so at least I have some points to argue if he is indeed taking me for a ride. Thanx again bro, appreciate the advice.

No probs bro.. Lets assembles E46s owner, and TT.. can share a lot of info from sifus too... hehe

Fireuz;714781 said:
No probs bro.. Lets assembles E46s owner, and TT.. can share a lot of info from sifus too... hehe
wow that will be great, will definitely have alot of share although I might be asking more then telling :p

vwnair16;715029 said:
wow that will be great, will definitely have alot of share although I might be asking more then telling :p

Me either..! haha.. Don't forget to post your pic here bro once done with the bumper. Much appreciate if you could share the progression too! :top:

Fireuz;715031 said:
Me either..! haha.. Don't forget to post your pic here bro once done with the bumper. Much appreciate if you could share the progression too! :top:
Definitely Bro, I just hope what I envision will be what really appears ;)

Bro, just got my car back from the paint shop, looks neat and am glad with the purchase and workmanship (some minor issues but the foreman told me he will take a llook). Next up is to change my lighting system. Somehow Orange and Black don't mix :eek:

vwnair16;720055 said:
Bro, just got my car back from the paint shop, looks neat and am glad with the purchase and workmanship (some minor issues but the foreman told me he will take a llook). Next up is to change my lighting system. Somehow Orange and Black don't mix :eek:

Cool bro! :top:.. Let's view few pictures here! Can't wait to see the sexy booty with 4 slurpy holes.. Hehe

Fireuz;720058 said:
Cool bro! :top:.. Let's view few pictures here! Can't wait to see the sexy booty with 4 slurpy holes.. Hehe
Definitely!!! But raining today so can't snap the photos but will do is ASAP. Btw my rear bumper not like yours bro, mine's the side exhaust type, didn't want to make the exhaust mod.

vwnair16;720059 said:
Definitely!!! But raining today so can't snap the photos but will do is ASAP. Btw my rear bumper not like yours bro, mine's the side exhaust type, didn't want to make the exhaust mod.

hurry post some pics...hehe

vwnair16;720059 said:

I wonder wot u mean by "side exhaust type" for quad exhaust. Is it something like the Eisenmann Quad Exhaust setup for an e46? Share some pics lah bro... :D

Top Bottom