Respray whole car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cannondale

Club Guest
I plan to respray the whole car, anyone have any recommadation ? I need an experience workshop which have done this kind car before.:rock:Anyone know how much is the repaint cost using glasurit paint ? Place? :rock:

You can try the guy who did Mizhan's and my car. Tan 0123906857 located in USJ 1. He is using PPG tho. Give him a visit and look at his work.

Don't go to the wrong shop... you might end up with a car like my car, some areas got no clear coat at all!

tamade7;582336 said:
You can try the guy who did Mizhan's and my car. Tan 0123906857 located in USJ 1. He is using PPG tho. Give him a visit and look at his work.

Where is this place?

tamade7;582336 said:

This shop paints a lot of race cars including an ATCC E90...

Try Mr.Foong (0122097623 / 0377817476) of Veng Cheong Auto. They are located near TopMark Dealershipm in Jln Tandang (Jln 222 area). It looks like a typical chinaman workshop, not very tidy but I must say, his workmanship is very good. My family has been sending our cars to him whenever one of our cars has been scratched or knocked.

He has 20yrs plus experience and his workshop is there since the 80s. He has an eye for body panels and paint. Just one look, he can tell if you had your door resprayed or your c pillar section has been fixed before, etc.... At any one time, you can see Ferrari's, Porsche's, Rang Rovers, Bimmers, Mercs. Maserati's, various Classic/Vintage Cars and there was once I saw an Australian made Holden COmmodore HSV with V8engine in bright orange.

Check them out, talk to them, Mr.Foong (the boss) he can speak relatively good english, but the rest of his employees don't speak english well....so just bahasa pasar or whatever you can converse in and go with the flow. His senior apprentice (which is a very experience guy - Ah Sin) is a very nice and down to earth humble guy, talk to him in canto/bahasa and he will share his thoughts with you on your car. After talking to them and seeing their work, if you are not satisfied/convinced, its ok, but if you are, then rest assuared, they will do a great job. Godd Luck in your quest then... :)

Sent my E46 M3 to Obermaier. They sent it somewhere to respray. Great job.Can hardly tell respray has been done. Anyone know who is Obermaier's regular paintshop?

Another interesting question that is plagued with subjectivity. My 2 cents....

1. Why Glasurit? With the weather and curing ability in Msia, you need a super duper pro to do a good job. That won't come cheap

2. What's your budget? Are you willing to spend more than 6k on paintjob? If so, then u already have some good recommendations. If u have budgetted around 3 - 4k, then my unbiased recommendation after seeing many UDM's being sprayed and visited many workshops is George of Kayu Ara or Progarage KD. For George, visit my E38 restroration thread for a full review

Use a paint that works for our weather and ensure the clear coat is flexible to prevent chipping easily. All the best!!

cannondale;582954 said:
they need to open up so many things, not sure they know how to fit it back.

Ha..ha..then u must go there and chop down even single screw when they open it and make sure u shoot video on live when they do the job. Don't forgot ensure they fix bck correctly as what u do chop down previously.

ssmann;583014 said:
Another interesting question that is plagued with subjectivity. My 2 cents....

1. Why Glasurit? With the weather and curing ability in Msia, you need a super duper pro to do a good job. That won't come cheap

2. What's your budget? Are you willing to spend more than 6k on paintjob? If so, then u already have some good recommendations. If u have budgetted around 3 - 4k, then my unbiased recommendation after seeing many UDM's being sprayed andvisited many workshops is George of Kayu Ara or Progarage KD. For George, visit my E38 restroration thread for a full review;

Use a paint that works for our weather and ensure the clear coat is flexible to prevent chipping easily. All the best!!

paii many just point you the shop here and not many share their journey here ...:)

the pictures speaks itself ...

cannondale;582679 said:
how was the price ?

Not sure about glasurit paint though...call him or go talk to him la. I don't think he's cheap, but he does an excellent job. He takes apart Ferrari's, etc and puts them back. I don't know about you, but if Ferrari owners are wiilling to trust this guy.....it speaks for itself... See, Ask, Observe and then Decide.

IMHO, the brand of the paint is not as important as surface preparation as well as the skill of the painter in applying smooth and even coats of paint and clearcoat. not forgetting the quality of the spraygun/nozzle too..

Top Bottom