Replace engine & gearbox mounting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi..need to know have u change it....i try to ask mr lee...theres a workshop in kl...he say that for e60 they never change it before but can be done under rm15k..including labour, enjine 2jz 3.0 turbo, gear box, etc....all in

You replaced both GB & engine mountings for RM1K ? Rather expensive though.

seanswn said:
Changed at Autobahn in Sunway, around RM1k... Mine is a N52 engine..

Any good place can recommend on mounting change for gearbox and engine? My regular service place quoted me 1.8k for original mounting plus labour

Twll said:
Any good place can recommend on mounting change for gearbox and engine? My regular service place quoted me 1.8k for original mounting plus labour
RM1.8k is certainly overkilled. I just replaced my e60 engine mounts for RM370 (original for right & left sides). Go to M Speed and goggle for their exact location.

Yah bro Herbert thats what i think also. Will go for the service center recommended.

nrtube said:
Hi
I plan to replace engine n gearbox mounting soon. How long the job would take normally? Labour cost? Tq in advance
Hi nrtube,
Based on my last experience for N52. We only have 2 engine mounting - rm177 each and 2 GB mounting - rm 40 each from BA. My mech charged me rm100 for workmanship along with other item. It should be done in less than 2 hours. So you can do your math
:)

321aisyalam said:
Hi nrtube,
Based on my last experience for N52. We only have 2 engine mounting - rm177 each and 2 GB mounting - rm 40 each from BA. My mech charged me rm100 for workmanship along with other item. It should be done in less than 2 hours. So you can do your math
:)
Mine one is M54 engine. Yah 2 engine mounting and 1 gearbox mounting. It is definitely cheap that bro’s changed. Why i keep on go back to my usual service center maybe because previously i went to other service center in kuchai lama which suppose to change my whole soleniod which costs me RM2k plus but after changed it, my gearbox failed me another time and i went back to my usual service center to do the job, when they open and do the work only 2 soleniod have been changed by the previous service center. Sigh.... really scared of the way people do the job.

Anyway ill try go Mspeed and see how it goes.

Twll said:
Mine one is M54 engine. Yah 2 engine mounting and 1 gearbox mounting. It is definitely cheap that bro’s changed. Why i keep on go back to my usual service center maybe because previously i went to other service center in kuchai lama which suppose to change my whole soleniod which costs me RM2k plus but after changed it, my gearbox failed me another time and i went back to my usual service center to do the job, when they open and do the work only 2 soleniod have been changed by the previous service center. Sigh.... really scared of the way people do the job.

Anyway ill try go Mspeed and see how it goes.
There are a lot of trusted workshops around. Personally i always go ah meng- mspeed or ah fai - optimum. So far they are doing their job well. Both of them are having difference approach. One applied "preventive maintenance" another "fix when break" style. Anyway just find someone who you are comfortable with. Cheer!

Top Bottom