Rattling sound from windows? Top up coolant? eagle eye?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

razman

Club Guest
Dear all sifus and frens,I'm definitely a baby when it comes to UDM, guidance and assistance from all is much welcomed and appreciated. I currently own 2003 E46 318 (2.0L).1) Rattling sound from windows?I'm having this anoying rattling sound problem that i'm pretty sure comes from the windows. It goes off when i rolled the windows down a bit, but it comes back again when the windows are fully closed. Any ideas? It would be helpful i someone could share the common problem before, perhaps before i decided to bring it to the workshop. 2) Topping up Coolant To top up the coolant (when the indicator on OBC start to light up) - do we top up with the coolant or combination coolant+watet (if so, % ratio?) or plain water will do just fine? any specific brand of coolant?3)Eagle eye for E46I am thinking of getting eagle eye for my e46, any comments? is it worth having it? does it help with clearer vision at night? side effect to the car, messing up the sensor to OBC? how much does it cost? any specific brand that i should out for?Thanks for helping - Razman

1) Rattling sound from windows?

I'm having this anoying rattling sound problem that i'm pretty sure comes from the windows. It goes off when i rolled the windows down a bit, but it comes back again when the windows are fully closed. Any ideas? It would be helpful i someone could share the common problem before, perhaps before i decided to bring it to the workshop.
If you are in DIY, suggest that you open the door panel and check for loose part or screw.
Better to send it to workshop to check if you dont know what to do.

2) Topping up Coolant

To top up the coolant (when the indicator on OBC start to light up) - do we top up with the coolant or combination coolant+watet (if so, % ratio?) or plain water will do just fine? any specific brand of coolant?
I think top up with plain water is sufficient as the ratio will not change much.

3)Eagle eye for E46

I am thinking of getting eagle eye for my e46, any comments? is it worth having it? does it help with clearer vision at night? side effect to the car, messing up the sensor to OBC? how much does it cost? any specific brand that i should out for?

HID would difinetly be brighter. but not sure you can pass JPJ or puspacom unless it is factory fitted.

BTW, are you confusing eagle eye with angel eye. angle eye is just a cosmetic upgrade for the light.
"the white ring" see below.

angeleye.jpg

thanks jarance..

you always been vey helpful....

eagle eye/angle eye?....yes definitely i'm lost here....hahaa..thanks anyway for pointing it out.

razman;399493 said:
Dear all sifus and frens,

I'm definitely a baby when it comes to UDM, guidance and assistance from all is much welcomed and appreciated. I currently own 2003 E46 318 (2.0L).

1) Rattling sound from windows?

I'm having this anoying rattling sound problem that i'm pretty sure comes from the windows. It goes off when i rolled the windows down a bit, but it comes back again when the windows are fully closed. Any ideas? It would be helpful i someone could share the common problem before, perhaps before i decided to bring it to the workshop.
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5709&highlight=window+rattling

2) Topping up Coolant

To top up the coolant (when the indicator on OBC start to light up) - do we top up with the coolant or combination coolant+watet (if so, % ratio?) or plain water will do just fine? any specific brand of coolant?
if you only topup when your indicator lightup, i think u have not been checking your expansion tanks for a long time, check once a month to make sure its at correct level and there is no exessive lost of coolant. recommended ratio 50:50, u should know how much ratio in your existing system currently, if your coolant is 60% and water is 40%, then logically u should topup with water to get the optimum mix. use only BMW approved coolant (blue colour) RM35/bottle of 1litre

3)Eagle eye for E46

I am thinking of getting eagle eye for my e46, any comments? is it worth having it? does it help with clearer vision at night? side effect to the car, messing up the sensor to OBC? how much does it cost? any specific brand that i should out for?
i think u meant angle eye as show in the pic by jarance, dun think it help in your vision, just to beautify your ride. not any brand will do coz some will cause your OBC to lightup. cost about 150-250 depending on brand, mostly taiwan made. checkout exoticsmods, cost 250 no inteference with OBC, i have been using almost 1 year without problem

Thanks for helping - Razman
check my reply above

For #3 Angel eyes is just more than cosmetic it can be used as your daytime running light (DRL) makes you more visible to other motorist hence it's more for safety reasons ... bonus point is that it looks damn cool of course :)

Top Bottom