Rat sound in engine bay

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kayz

Official Member
All member,Yesterday I noticed a rattling sound in my engine bay (come from belting area). I call my mech. (the workshop that I normally send my bimmer), he told me it might be a tensioner bearing or belting. This morning I bring my bimmer to workshop and he mention it's only a minor problem (only aircond belting need to change) and cost me RM 58 (part - original conti) + 15 (labour).Any comments on the cost (especially part). :top:

He Kays,

Your mechanics trouble shooting the right thing and I 150 percents guaranteed it solve the problem with reasonable price

Mine having the same problem now, just to check did you fix your problem? Mind to share where did you fix up your problem?

Thanks.

My problem has been resolve. I send my bimmer to M-Roadster in Pandan Indah light industry, that guy name is Ah Meng (boss). I'm very confidence with this guy. If you want to go just mention Zaki 4888 friend.:listen:

kayz;284949 said:
My problem has been resolve. I send my bimmer to M-Roadster in Pandan Indah light industry, that guy name is Ah Meng (boss). I'm very confidence with this guy. If you want to go just mention Zaki 4888 friend.:listen:

Hi Zaki,

Thanks for your help. Went there yesterday & mention as Zaki 4888 friend. They found that is compressor problem. Cost around 2.5k (with labor) :bawling:

Didn't do it.. by the way, the boss really nice, so change my ATF there & upgrade my software, feel more powerful now.

Thanks for helping again. Might send my car for Naidu to confirm the problem.

kayz;284949 said:

Kayz,

Don't mind sharing the directions/address to M-Roadster in Pandan Indah. Would really appreciate that.

Regards.

cychew;285848 said:
Hi Zaki,

Thanks for your help. Went there yesterday & mention as Zaki 4888 friend. They found that is compressor problem. Cost around 2.5k (with labor) :bawling:

Didn't do it.. by the way, the boss really nice, so change my ATF there & upgrade my software, feel more powerful now.

Thanks for helping again. Might send my car for Naidu to confirm the problem.

Finally problem solved by Naidu. The sound cost by blower motor. Replace a new one and change my filter as well.

Blower motor - RM 480
Labor - RM110
Micro Filter - RM95

Total = RM685.

Top Bottom