Question

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Strider

Club Guest
My RH wing mirror not working. I have a spare wing mirror assembly but unluckly it is for left hand drive car. I need to change the motor. Managed to dimantled the motor but cannot take the wire because of the connector. Any advise how I gone a overcome this problem are very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

i have same problem too, bought a left hand drive side mirror :D
Luckily the ChopShop promise to change for me :p

Originally posted by Strider@Sep 15 2005, 09:03 AM
My RH wing mirror not working. I have a spare wing mirror assembly but unluckly it is for left hand drive car. I need to change the motor. Managed to dimantled the motor but cannot take the wire because of the connector. Any advise how I gone a overcome this problem are very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Um... Don't really understand wat do u mean... mind to elaborate more ???

Originally posted by Strider@Sep 15 2005, 09:03 AM
mr knifeman

which is the problem? :blink:

your RH mirror not working?
your RH motor for the mirror not working?
your mirror for LHD cannot fit RHD?
your motor for LHD cannot fit RHD?
you are unlucky?
some chop shop cheated you to buy LHD mirror?
change motor to bigger motor?
cannot take out motor because of wire?
cannot take out motor because of connector?
wanto use connector or wire?
cannot remove motor from connector?
cannot remove connector from motor?

so many questions i oledi cuntfused.........

i can suggest somethings
LHD mirror can be used to RHD cars, you just need to change the mirrors!
LHD motors can be used for RHD cars, put it upside down!
to remove wire or connector or both, pull out hard, it can be removed! but if cannot put back, its your problem!
take out connector and wire will automatically come out too!

but i think first go check your fuse, theres only 30 to check, so try one by one and see which one needs to be replaced, and while you are checking do switch off the engine / ignition and keep your keys in your pocket, just in case wind blows, it may close your car doors, and your alarm will lock your car!!!!

good luck, but if all else fail, do bring it to a competant mechanic to make the LHD mirror fit the RHD motor, or whatever that needs to be changed

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Sep 15 2005, 10:31 PM
was wondering any different ???
Wing mirror/side mirror for left hand drive are different from right hand drive car (e30 for sure, but don't know about other)

So, if your car is RHD, but you have a wing mirror design for LHD, the mirror can't cover to the widest/further angle (i mean the standard mirror, not the wide angle mirror). hi..hi.. I don't know how to explain it. HKH_88, please help me to explain this.

p/s. no wonder nobody answer my question, nobody understand the question. hi...hi...my bad, my red indian english. (many man come, after many moon, baby come...hi..hi..)

however, thank you very much TJ for trying to help me. I really appreciate that.

I try to explain it again.

The motor are not working, cause the left mirror are working. (there's only one fuse for both, is it?) I did take out the mirror and try to operate the motor. It did make a single sound every time i triggered the switch. I have a spare wing mirror (the whole assembly, except it is design for LHD car). My idea is to swap the motor between each other. But as TJ explain "...to remove wire or connector or both, pull out hard, it can be removed! but if cannot put back, its your problem!..." The only way i can think now is to cut the wire, swap the motor and joint the wire again.

Once again TJ, thanks for the tips. ( i always do that)

"...but i think first go check your fuse, theres only 30 to check, so try one by one and see which one needs to be replaced, and while you are checking do switch off the engine / ignition and keep your keys in your pocket, just in case wind blows, it may close your car doors, and your alarm will lock your car!!!!..."

strider,

there is a way to remove the wire from the motor

but it will take you some time as you have to find a socket, located somewhere behind the motor assembly

once again, try and do a direct power to the faulty motor, if it works, then you have a wiring problem, and not a faulty motor, motors hardly fail sometimes 1 in a million yes, and sometimes short circuit

good luck

Top Bottom