Project E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

attenbrough

Club Guest
Hi all Sifus!!!!Ok I just got my E60 as some of you already know on 4th this month.So, the thing that's been boggling my mind isWHERE TO START??!!??What is mean is you have exterior, performance, ice... etc...So I thought I'd start this thread to see what wise assitance is could get from your experieces.The main question is....With limited budget, where would you start on your E60? :burnout:Cheers:smokin:

18" rims and lower the car will simply make the car looks fierce. If budget allowable, bodykit is the next thing if right now u are not in Msport.

Since you are driving it on daily basis... I'd recommend you to enhance your ICE :top: this should be your first thing to do!

After that... change the sport rims.. if u r already an E60 M-Sport... then you already have both bodykit and the rims! So the next thing to ponder if whether to install Quad Exhaust (Remus, Fox, Arqray, AC, Hamann, custom..) of course with that, it comes with a diffuser. Don't install front lips if you go to Shopping malls (especially those places with steep slope) often coz it won't be long until it's damaged (I've experience on this). Also can consider white angel eyes marker, black/chrome/carbon fibre grille, LED signal lamp, LCI head lamp + tail lamp, customised stickers to differentiate your ride with others! :D these are some of the stuff... aesthetic-wise!

Performance??? Take it slowly and read my thread on performance enhancement for E60 ok???

Since you are on limited budget just like me... I'm giving you my personal opinion! Coz that was what I did to my E60 since 2008 :D

P.S: I have just got a set of Breyton Race GTS 18" sport rim :D my dream wheels!!! Feel so happy but I will individualise the rims by sending it to spray paint with the best grade paint.. still facing headache over the colour combination... was thinking of bi-color (polished silver+black) or just silver with a hint of black!

Go for a good polish/wax and upholstery, then get yourself a set of nice wheels.

if you bought a used E60, replace all fluids, check condition of tyres and alignment. use it for couple months before modding; that out to reveal any gremlins that need attention.

if you bought new, just wax every 2 weeks :)

mizhan;533513 said:
if you bought a used E60, replace all fluids, check condition of tyres and alignment. use it for couple months before modding; that out to reveal any gremlins that need attention.

if you bought new, just wax every 2 weeks :)

I totally agreed. Owning a used car sometimes can be a headache. I bought a used e46 in April and spent RM8.5K in the first month just to replace the wear and tear plus tyres. Cosmetic surgery on my UDM will have to wait till I fully satisfied with the running condition of the car.

Full running conditions eh... hmmm...

Ok here's how i got my car and where....

I was sourcing for about 6 months before i decided to put my money where my big fat mouth is.... (after sooooooo long of searching you sometimes doubt yourself... hehe)

I ended up buying from AB premium selection.

Reasons being that:

1. 1 year full warranty
2. Carnauba detailing
3. 18" M-Rims... dunno what type...
4. According to a buddy it was a good set of tyres too....
5. etc etc etc... hehe

So I've got my car for 2 weeks now....

I've tested corners in Karak.. (Genting this Sunday.. hehe)
I've tested on the highways... (Believe it of not.. I clocked 960km on full tank of RM110)

Not... I should be sending my car in for service sometime within the next two months....

P.S. Advise from Ex- Ipoh AB Service Manager.... AB received a MEMO to change transmission fluid every 40k instead of 80k as shown on the OBC. However, AB is keeping this quiet as this is another cost for them la... so If you send your car in, request for fluid change every 40k. ;)

Thanks thule for the experience sharing... was really checking out diffusers.. but the onlything M about my ride is the rims... bodykit still need to do something...hehe... (found PU from china... shhhh.... 3k only.. cheap ar?)

As for LCI tail lamps and headlamps... any idea for the damage on that?

attenbrough;533773 said:
Thanks thule for the experience sharing... was really checking out diffusers.. but the onlything M about my ride is the rims... bodykit still need to do something...hehe... (found PU from china... shhhh.... 3k only.. cheap ar?)

As for LCI tail lamps and headlamps... any idea for the damage on that?

For M-sport bodykit never buy those from China especially PU material... you can get Taiwanese replica easily in Klang Valley area. For peace of mind... go to Sunway & visit the likes of Redzone, Motorsport Division, Next Level Customz, Progressive... materials used are PP which is way better than PU. no uneven surface problem.. and it cost approx. RM2800 excluding spray paint and installation (the last time I check.. maybe now can get better leh.. coz it's all about negotiation skill :D)

And the last time I checked with Redzone... it cost about RM9000 to get the front head lamp + taillamp LCI style :top:

Anything more you want to ask?

thule;533783 said:
For M-sport bodykit never buy those from China especially PU material... you can get Taiwanese replica easily in Klang Valley area. For peace of mind... go to Sunway & visit the likes of Redzone, Motorsport Division, Next Level Customz, Progressive... materials used are PP which is way better than PU. no uneven surface problem.. and it cost approx. RM2800 excluding spray paint and installation (the last time I check.. maybe now can get better leh.. coz it's all about negotiation skill :D)

And the last time I checked with Redzone... it cost about RM9000 to get the front head lamp + taillamp LCI style :top:

Anything more you want to ask?

Haha.. bro just saw a thread on LCI.. the fellow getting it for 1,600.... front..... from AB...check out his post

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35526

Top Bottom