Pricing Announced for New BMW 5 (F10) Series Sedan

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackE90

Pricing Announced for New BMW 5 (F10) Series Sedan535i and 550i to start at $50,475 and $60,575 respectivelyWoodcliff Lake, NJ – March 25, 2010… BMW has announced pricing for the all-new 2011 BMW 535i and 550i Sedans. Including $875 Destination & Handling, the new 535i Sedan will start at $50,475, and the V-8 powered 550i will start at $60,575. The 535i receives BMW’s newest 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbocharged inline, while the 550i will be powered by BMW’s reverse-flow 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8. Both will feature the new 8-speed automatic transmission. Inspite of enhancements such as these, the base-prices for both models are lower than their 2010 predecessors. The 535i and 550i continue a tradition that is the hallmark of the ultimate driving machine – the option of a manual transmission, in this case a six-speed. The option of a manual transmission has been a 5 Series tradition through all six generations since its introduction to the US 35 years ago. As on any other BMW vehicle, BMW Ultimate Service, $0 maintenance for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles, is included.The all-new 2011 BMW 5 Series combines a whole new look, inside and out, with new powertrain options and even more cutting-edge technology. Design features emblematic of BMW are to be found at the front with its kidney grille inclined slightly forward.When equipped with the Sport Package, the new BMW 5 Series Sedan includes Adaptive Drive, which encompasses Driving Dynamics Control, Electronic Damper Control, and Active Roll Stabilization. Optional Integral Active Steering will virtually extend or shorten the vehicle’s wheelbase for improved stability at high speeds and enhanced agility at lower speeds.The top-of-the-range BMW 550i arrives with BMW’s “reverse-flow” V-8 engine featuring twin turbochargers and High Precision direct injection for maximum output of 400 hp. The new inline-6 of the BMW 535i features a single twin-scroll turbocharger, High Precision direct injection, and, combined for the first time with turbocharging, VALVETRONIC throttle-less intake technology. It delivers a maximum output of 300 hp and 300 lb-ft. As noted, the 535i and 550i will be available with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission, BMW’s new 8-speed automatic transmission, or new “Sport Automatic” 8-speed. BMW EfficientDynamics technologies are featured in appropriate combinations on each model, including features such as Brake Energy Regeneration, Electric Power Steering, a gearshift point indicator, active cooling air flaps, and on-demand operation of engine accessory drives. Lightweight materials are used to balance the vehicle. Components such as doors, hood, front fenders, and suspension assemblies are made of aluminum. The driver assistance systems offered with the new 5 Series include an all-new Parking Assistant, Top View cameras, and Frontal Collision Warning with application of the brakes when ordered with Active Cruise Control plus Stop & Go. Other driver assistance features available include Blind Spot Warning, Lane Departure Warning, a Head-Up Display, BMW Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection.Package and individual option pricing is noted below. The all-new 2011 BMW 5 Series makes its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show and will arrive at US BMW Centers in June 2010.

Heard that BMW Malaysia is bringing in F10 523i and 535i priced at 400+k and 650k respectively in May... My boss called the SA inquiring about the F10 for company car, he is also considering the latest toureg ...

Gotta love IPO :love:

B33mEr;506198 said:
Heard that BMW Malaysia is bringing in F10 523i and 535i priced at 400+k and 650k respectively in May... My boss called the SA inquiring about the F10 for company car, he is also considering the latest toureg ...

ipo? whats dat

B33mEr;506198 said:

Whoa. B33MER itchy for the F10 d. :D

Haha. Will your boss let you use the F10? Kekeke. Your boss has good taste. Haha. Although I've been seeing the new E Class more frequently these days. Seen two E300s yesterday itself. :rolleyes:

BlackE90;506166 said:
As on any other BMW vehicle, BMW Ultimate Service, $0 maintenance for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles, is included.

I hear that the F10 523i will be approximately RM388k, and the 535i just under RM600k. Looking at the proposed price difference, there will be a great divide in terms of specs, I imagine to justify passing on the 535i. And as for service, $0 maintenance for 4 years? It would be very very nice, but that would be near impossible here.
Perhaps we can give up our citizenship, then apply for the Malaysia My Second Home program, and get the 535i at those Euro / US prices eg. RM200k? Does that work?

macdaque;517334 said:
I hear that the F10 523i will be approximately RM388k, and the 535i just under RM600k. Looking at the proposed price difference, there will be a great divide in terms of specs, I imagine to justify passing on the 535i. And as for service, $0 maintenance for 4 years? It would be very very nice, but that would be near impossible here.
Perhaps we can give up our citizenship, then apply for the Malaysia My Second Home program, and get the 535i at those Euro / US prices eg. RM200k? Does that work?

i don't think so. i have a japanese friend under that program and he can only buy ckd or local cars.

kamion;516788 said:
I heard the F10 will launch in Malaysia on the weekend 8 May 2010.

It will be launched on 7th May 2010 at KLCC. Any of you going?

etquah;519130 said:
Did not get any inviation. How to get invited ?:cool:

Easy, whenever u get to fill in a questionnaire, make sure u fill in by ticking on all the models available in the form, and tick on the highest income group, plus a tick on the expect to buy new BMW in the next 3 months.. :p :D :D

U proly get to spin an //M in SIC.. :p :D

The N55 makes it's first appearance here.Twincsroll single turbo,Valvetronic,HP injection,8-speed auto..wow!!

535i for rm600k??? Dayymmmnnn.Guess I'll keep my N54 that lil'bit longer lah.

alpina b5;519102 said:
i don't think so. i have a japanese friend under that program and he can only buy ckd or local cars.
Wished it worked though.

etquah;519130 said:
Did not get any invitation. How to get invited ?:cool:

I dunno. The invitation came by post and it says "It is our pleasure to present you and your guest the honour of having the first glimpse at its exclusive preview" blah bla blah..... :) :)

Went to the launch earlier tonight. Prices were:

523i - RM398,800
535i - RM598,800
535i GT - RM638,800 (If I remembered correctly)

Traveler;520326 said:
Went to the launch earlier tonight. Prices were:

523i - RM398,800
535i - RM598,800
535i GT - RM638,800 (If I remembered correctly)

Was at the launch. Food was horrible and took far too long for each dish to be cleared and new dish served. I hear that catering done by KLCC Convention Centre, which explains. Unveiling only after 10pm! The GT is beautiful! All are currently CBU, but the big talk is about the CKD. Conflicting news about when CKD will be made available. Anyone can shed some light on this? The only disappointment with the 523 is that it doesn't come with navigation, and the screen size is a miniscule 7 inch one. 535 is just an all around excellent car, all for RM200k more. Anyone has any idea what the specs are for the 523 CKD?

I heard the CKD 523i is around November/December this year.

Guys, no photos from the event ah?

Top Bottom