Port n Polish on my e36 - 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

motorsport325i

Club Guest
Hi guys,I done up my port n polish on my engine e36-325ibefore doing the PnP the gear box was alrite...but after doing it... I found that the gear box always slip on the second gear....?Any anyone can advice me on this matter?appreciated.....many thanks

Originally posted by motorsport325i@Oct 5 2005, 07:03 AM
Hi guys,

I done up my port n polish on my engine e36-325i

before doing the PnP the gear box was alrite...but after doing it... I found that the gear box always slip on the second gear....?

Any anyone can advice me on this matter?

appreciated.....

many thanks
abt time to overhaul the gbox...

Oh boy, for my BMW, I now subscribe to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Because I have been through some experiences when I touch something, another part goes.... :beaten:

slipping cos TOO much power after P&P? he he I think just bad timing......

Hi motorsport325i ,

how much does it cost and how long have to leave at workshop?

your ride a e36 / e46 ?

can never resist being racun .

cheers.

is it a manual?
could it be your clutch?

Well, try the cheap remedies first before spending big $$$ to fix it. I would suggest 1) change the oil (use the lifetime oil which costs RM70 per liter) and 2) buy a bottle of transmission oil additives (Wynn's pretty good). :)

Hi all,

Took me about one weeks to finish the swap engines...

1. My ride is E36 - model - 320i(Auto) - converted to 325i (Auto)
2. The whole project cost me around SGD$10K

3. Engine was fully rebuilted almost eveything is new, just done up PnP on the engine, havnt even run in yet....

The funny thing was the gear box has been overhauled twices and all clutch plates, toque convertor was just change to new recently...

Is it the engine too powerful that causes the gear to slip?

or did anyone experience it ? can advice me? I am very confused...

I actually like Auto more than Manual, but if no choice I will have to converted into manual?

How much is the manual whole sets cost ? Can anyone help me to source it?

Thanks guys...

Top Bottom