petrol leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nazira96

Club Guest
Hi guys...my e34 is leaking petrol whenever is starts in the morning.. check wif my mech nothing wrong.this only happen in the morning when i 1st start the car...appreciate any help n advice given:106:

better get second opinion...there's definately SOMETHING WRONG if petrol is leaking...imagine the danger if there's some fire sparks...please do get it checked ASAP

nazira96;486959 said:
Hi guys...

my e34 is leaking petrol whenever is starts in the morning.. check wif my mech nothing wrong.
this only happen in the morning when i 1st start the car...

appreciate any help n advice given:106:

where is the leak? front or rear?

The leak as in smell or you actually see the leak?

same problem with me if it's only in the mornings...or 1st start of the day...buzzlie has the same problem as well...its the fuel hoses behind the engine...replace them and smell gone...

i just had that problem this morning. started the engine in the morning then saw petrol leaking terribly at the bottom. its somewhere behind the steering rack where the dripping occur. i suspect some hoses were messed up. lazy to go send the car back to work shop. the car just got admitted last few weeks now already going back? pening2

thanks for the reply and advice guys.. the leak is at front, I can see the the petrol dripping slowly.. underneath the engine. The thing is it only happen in the morning, when I sent to the mech the dripping already stopped by then. hmm... need to get 2nd opinion and maybe leave the car there overnight.

nazira96;487131 said:
thanks for the reply and advice guys.. the leak is at front, I can see the the petrol dripping slowly.. underneath the engine. The thing is it only happen in the morning, when I sent to the mech the dripping already stopped by then. hmm... need to get 2nd opinion and maybe leave the car there overnight.

If it is from the front, then there is a possibility that the hose clip at the fuel manifold is loose.

I think you have to remove the air intake manifold to access the hose clip at the fuel line.

Another thing to consider is the fuel regulator.

Use a torch light and shine from the front and underneath the air intake toward the fuel rail to see the source of the leak.

nazira96;487131 said:

From which side of your tank is the petrol leaking ?

If it's from the bottom portion where the tank is connected to the carb, then there is a rubber washer underneath the tank.

Top Bottom