Oxygen sensor for E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chriseunos

Club Guest
If you want to buy new you don't have much choice but if used one OK then if yours Bosch 4 wire can try any 4 wire bosch sensor , the plug may not be same but can join up the wire use back your harness. I bought from hakitrade RM 60 cut and join works fine.

good luck.

goggo

Bro, it was a big headache as the modic did not detect it.

The O2 sensor works in a very narrow band around the optimum. In normal operation the output of the sensor swings between about 0.2 to 0.9 V. If you tap into the wiring (don't disconnect it) at the output of the sensor with a high impedance voltmeter (digital voltmeter please don't use the analog one) you will see this swing in voltage every few seconds when the engine is running.

If no voltage or if the voltage is stuck at high or low reading then the sensor is probably kaput. Remember to let the engine run for a few minutes for the sensor to come up to temperature then the voltage swinging will begin.

good luck.

my oxygen sensor is extended until after the mid exhaust section of the car. The previous owner did this and i was wondering if i can cut it shorter and put back at the original place. The car has not catalytic converter. Where is the original place for O2 sensor?

Usually its before cat converter( downpipe after manifold), with OBDII will be before and after cat.

If its too far back it can take too long to heat up and start working after startup, but if its electrical heated one (4 wire) this should not be too much of problem.

cheers

O2 sensor.... hmmm. i'm running witout it.

the guy did the conversion from m20 to m40 didnt fix it while i bought my car. and i notice tht recently... OMG

wht are the problems will face? please advice..

thanks in advance

the FC will be better if i refix the O2 sensor and connect to ecu?

sifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu's need help. pity me la.....

some models did not run with the sensors, some had, some had the plug socket, but optional to run.

datsun, does yours have the plug socket ? is it still not used, meaning a cap on it ?

plug socket? u mean the socket in the pic? yup got cap on it.

all m40's like that?
or can i modd and fix it?
whts the pro and contra using the O2 sensor?

many thanks bro pussy for the hand..

all m40's like that?
not all has it.. i can't remember mine had the socket there.. but no 02 on my exhaust.

for your M40 ? dun try anything which your car is running fine.

whats the pro and contra using the O2 sensor?
good fuel consumption... better power..

pussy;415557 said:
all m40's like that?
not all has it.. i can't remember mine had the socket there.. but no 02 on my exhaust.

for your M40 ? dun try anything which your car is running fine.

whats the pro and contra using the O2 sensor?
good fuel consumption... better power..

thanks alot bro pussy for the input...

Top Bottom