Overhaul my UDM!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tranzporter

Club Guest
Guys! Need your help. I'm driving E46 2.0. Recently got a problem with my engine. I'm experiencing occasional vibration (like misfire effect) My mech informed me that one of the cylinder giving weired reading whenever the engine vibrates. Changed already ignition coil, lasting only for about couple of drives. Before this, changed a few times engine oil and flush out. Fuel Injector already clean also. Carbon Cleaning also done. Idling Valve also cleaned ma. No Vacuum leak also. Vacuum hose ok.Today my mech is trying to change timing sensor and go for compression test.He suggested it might go down to have it OVERHAUL!!!. Errr how much RM for this kind of work these days?? Raya mau mari maaa!!! :eek:

get the overhaul kit n let him do it..i got to overhaul too man..mine is same model n 5 years old...the culprit to this engine is slude. that jam the piston ring to move freely n cause worn out..

why this happen?is because most of us did our service out of ab.in ab the practice to drain all out the old engine oil then use a full 4 litre engine flush to clean the engine b4 putting the new engine oil..

whereas in local workshop they normally used the top-up engine flush to the old oil b4 putting in the new engine oil...this was the mistake..

due to the engine running on really hot tempreture compare to other bimmer engine..towards the end of the oil change interval..some amount of the engine oil will be sludge.so as this accumulate as we didnt use the full 4 litre flush oil,will jam those lord of the rings(piston rings)

so these where we end my friend...

Btw, it's sludge not slude...

How much does AB charge you for the 4 liter flush??? I think only Shell has the 4 liter engine oil flush.

As for the rest who serviced your car there, it is true that AB does the oil flush? BTW, which AB service center do u frequent?

McFir7 said:
get the overhaul kit n let him do it..i got to overhaul too man..mine is same model n 5 years old...the culprit to this engine is slude. that jam the piston ring to move freely n cause worn out..

why this happen?is because most of us did our service out of ab.in ab the practice to drain all out the old engine oil then use a full 4 litre engine flush to clean the engine b4 putting the new engine oil..

whereas in local workshop they normally used the top-up engine flush to the old oil b4 putting in the new engine oil...this was the mistake..

due to the engine running on really hot tempreture compare to other bimmer engine..towards the end of the oil change interval..some amount of the engine oil will be sludge.so as this accumulate as we didnt use the full 4 litre flush oil,will jam those lord of the rings(piston rings)

so these where we end my friend...

Tranzporter said:
Guys!
Need your help. I'm driving E46 2.0.
Recently got a problem with my engine. I'm experiencing occasional vibration (like misfire effect) My mech informed me that one of the cylinder giving weired reading whenever the engine vibrates. Changed already ignition coil, lasting only for about couple of drives.

Before this, changed a few times engine oil and flush out. Fuel Injector already clean also. Carbon Cleaning also done. Idling Valve also cleaned ma. No Vacuum leak also. Vacuum hose ok.

Today my mech is trying to change timing sensor and go for compression test.

He suggested it might go down to have it OVERHAUL!!!.
Errr how much RM for this kind of work these days??

Raya mau mari maaa!!! :eek:

common problem in the e46.
you do not neet to overhaul. the car is acting up caused by the coil packs and the coil pack system. go to AB to get it sorted out. they'll change the coil packs and system to a revised version. that should solve your problem.

btw.. this thread old already liow..heheh

bohtak said:
common problem in the e46.
you do not neet to overhaul. the car is acting up caused by the coil packs and the coil pack system. go to AB to get it sorted out. they'll change the coil packs and system to a revised version. that should solve your problem.

btw.. this thread old already liow..heheh

Happy New Year Guys. Thanks for the advice. Do you know that I still suffering the same problem for almost about a year now. Nobody seems to have any idea how to solve that. I 'm sickening tired sometimes but ultimately i just ignore them. But since you giving me some hope. I think i'm gonna try that.

Do you have any idea how much that thing cost.

o by the way. somebody asked about how much it cost for oil flushing. Well actually they did under warranty when I was complaining about the vibration after the 2nd inspection. They did it without any cost since my complaint rating already 3 stars! (RED ALERT)

I did that in Glenmarie.

last i heard, if your car is not underwarranty, its gonna cost you 8k.

I ask outside for estimate price for top overhaul. RM4 to 5K. Not including if kena replace piston ring maaa.....

theCROW said:
brader bohtak
8k for overhaul or for engine oil flush?

for the coil pack replacement lo not overhaul.

... you sure the car needs an overhaul tranzporter??

engine flush very expensive...only rm 25 la hehehe..

ok bout the ignition coil..yap its true..the ones that factory fitted wit BREMI ones need to be replace wit the BOSCH ones..so if ur car still under warranty..keep on complain bout the misfiring till they replace for u to the bosch ones..cause the bremi ones soon or later it will fail..

Top Bottom