O Hai Thar :wave:

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

2wenty6

Club Guest
Everyone,It is really cool to find an active BMW forum here in Malaysia. I'm Eugene and have just recently moved back to KL for a job. I had the joy of owning an e36 M3 that I wrenched on myself and autocrossed a little while going to school in the US. While I'm not new to BMWs, I'm certainly new to the BMW scene here in Malaysia. I've been mainly around m3forum.net, but I'm also semi-regular on bimmerforums and e46fanatics. I'm on here to do some research before getting into another BMW (most probably an e30 - always wanted one).What do you drive:
M3omnomnomsigsize.jpg
MaleLocation:AmpangOccupation:ManufacturingHow you came about to know bmwclubmalaysia.com?:Google auto-completed my search when I typed in e30When was it?1 hour agoWhat were you expecting or purpose coming to bmwclubmalaysia.com?Gather enough information to justify my choice of getting into a BMW here in MalaysiaWhat do you expect from bmwclubmalaysia.com in the next 1-2 years?Nothing I can think of right away.What are you planning to do in the next 2-3years?Make enough money to get into an e46 M

welcome eugene, the first thing you'll notice is how expensive cars are here in malaysia...sucks for car fanatics like us

B33mEr;525591 said:
Welcome to the club bro :D Wat's ur nick on fanatic's?

Same (2wenty6). But I mostly tool around in the regional section (Rocky Mountain, Denver thread) since I don't own an e46 :rolleyes:

vish;525598 said:
welcome eugene, the first thing you'll notice is how expensive cars are here in malaysia...sucks for car fanatics like us

Yeah..I got into an e36 M for $6700 a year ago. Though the M cars aren't exactly cheap to maintain - something I learned the hard way :motz:

2wenty6;525606 said:
Same (2wenty6). But I mostly tool around in the regional section (Rocky Mountain, Denver thread) since I don't own an e46 :rolleyes:

lol ... i'm mostly on the OT or showroom section drooling on the rides :D

2wenty6;525607 said:
Yeah..I got into an e36 M for $6700 a year ago. Though the M cars aren't exactly cheap to maintain - something I learned the hard way :motz:

at the current exchange rate an E36 M would cost you about $25k easily here...

Thanks for the warm welcome people :)

Now, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but since I'm new I'll just go ahead and do it :p

I've been tooling around this forum a little over the past few days but haven't been able to find what I wanted. Basically, what I'm looking for is something like this

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=269846

and especially this

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=300562

for the e30 of course.

Besides that, what are the other country specific concerns when buying a used BMW here in Malaysia? I don't have a clue when it comes to that and my family has a knack of buying new vehicles all these while :|

Helpful response will be greatly appreciated, and I also don't mind if you could point me in the right direction where I can begin to gather further information by myself.

:beer:

Top Bottom