not responding wen running cold in the morning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

polluxcapella

Club Guest
Fella UDM lovers,I have this problem with my UDM : in the morning, after started the engine (no problem) and warmed up to the blue band on the temperature guage, the car felt extremely sluggish, like not responding at all to the accelerator, struggling to cross the junction, very dangerous. Problem disappeared after driving for a few minutes. Also notice higher fuel consumption than before. Error code scan found camshaft sensor error.Have changed the camshaft sensor and new spark plugs. Problem still not solve.Need some pointers from those who have experienced this problem.Best Regards.

polluxcapella;383677 said:
Fella UDM lovers,

I have this problem with my UDM : in the morning, after started the engine (no problem) and warmed up to the blue band on the temperature guage, the car felt extremely sluggish, like not responding at all to the accelerator, struggling to cross the junction, very dangerous. Problem disappeared after driving for a few minutes. Also notice higher fuel consumption than before. Error code scan found camshaft sensor error.
Have changed the camshaft sensor and new spark plugs. Problem still not solve.

Need some pointers from those who have experienced this problem.
Best Regards.

The sluggish during the morning is standard for UDM. Sad to say, other cars perform better than UDM especially Japanese & Malaysian car in this department....:wink: I just wonder how these cars during morning start in cold countries like Sweden.. :)
What you need to do is to wait until the temp gauge gets to half, best if you could shift the gear during statics for 10-20 secs on P,R, N, D to get the transmission temp to optimum temp too before driving it off.
It also helps to care for your engine & transmission.

As for the camshaft sensie error, maybe you need to do the relearn/diagnostic again...

maximust;384137 said:
The sluggish during the morning is standard for UDM. Sad to say, other cars perform better than UDM especially Japanese & Malaysian car in this department....:wink: I just wonder how these cars during morning start in cold countries like Sweden.. :)
What you need to do is to wait until the temp gauge gets to half, best if you could shift the gear during statics for 10-20 secs on P,R, N, D to get the transmission temp to optimum temp too before driving it off.
It also helps to care for your engine & transmission.

As for the camshaft sensie error, maybe you need to do the relearn/diagnostic again...

Thank you for the response.
Agree that cold running is not the strength of the UDM, but my baby started misbehaving this way only lately, about 2 months ago. Any possibility of malfunction speed sensor on the transmission ?

polluxcapella;384459 said:
Thank you for the response.
Agree that cold running is not the strength of the UDM, but my baby started misbehaving this way only lately, about 2 months ago. Any possibility of malfunction speed sensor on the transmission ?

I guess, u need to check with your mechanic. There could be possibility of the speed sensor problem.

update on the problem :

I replaced the mass air flow sensor. now the power is back. no more sluggish response in the morning.
total damage was about RM1600 : RM1350 for the sensor, RM250 for the diagnostic troubleshooting.

Top Bottom