newbies from jb, F10 520D

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willie

Club Guest
hihi, i think i will start as a newbie, about 10 years ago, my father bought me a E36 318i and i have joined the club (old forum) since then (see my join date)... few years later after college, when i started working changed to jdm as udm is a rare species at my work place... today, year 2011, i was planning to get a VW cc, but now pretty much deferred from it due to irresponsible attitude by vw (booked the car end of 2010, till now still no clear info whether when will be the car be released)... like the look of F10, but was not really keen initially due to potential prob, suspension etc, till i saw a few good reviews on 520d... thinking of getting the 520d, wondering what color options i have as bmw website doesn't show what color choice for 520d, it is more of a general color available...also planning to apply for loan but still confused with the bmw credit etc need more info on that..Wish everyone have a good weekend!!!!regards,willie

Welcome to the forums.

Wow, since 2004. All the best with your F10 purchase. :top:

welcome!

f10 colors - alpine white (soon), havana brown, sophisto grey, space grey, imperial blue (very dark blue), silver, black

any good deals i can get from them??? discount??? free tinting??? since i am expecting my car ard oct, that's almost end of the year...

willie;640891 said:
hihi, i think i will start as a newbie, about 10 years ago, my father bought me a E36 318i and i have joined the club (old forum) since then (see my join date)... few years later after college, when i started working changed to jdm as udm is a rare species at my work place...

today, year 2011, i was planning to get a VW cc, but now pretty much deferred from it due to irresponsible attitude by vw (booked the car end of 2010, till now still no clear info whether when will be the car be released)... like the look of F10, but was not really keen initially due to potential prob, suspension etc, till i saw a few good reviews on 520d...

thinking of getting the 520d, wondering what color options i have as bmw website doesn't show what color choice for 520d, it is more of a general color available...

also planning to apply for loan but still confused with the bmw credit etc need more info on that..

Wish everyone have a good weekend!!!!

regards,
willie

welcome (back) willie .... hope you will get your new ride sooner. As for color, anything looks nice on any udm. However if you prefer looking "big" white would be the choice. Black or any darker colors wil make it look much sportier ... :top: ... Do hope you will join us as OM soon too :):):)

dzuljazz2001;641326 said:
welcome (back) willie .... hope you will get your new ride sooner. As for color, anything looks nice on any udm. However if you prefer looking "big" white would be the choice. Black or any darker colors wil make it look much sportier ... :top: ... Do hope you will join us as OM soon too :):):)
eh, sorry i am noob abt the short form used, what is OM??? i got another question, noob too, my ncb for last year is 45%, and it ended earlier this year as i have sold it off, now when i am getting the new car what is the ncb that i can enjoy??? 45 or 55%???
thanks for the reply!!!

dzuljazz2001;641326 said:

preferred lighter color like space grey, but still i prefer the cinnamon interior, i ended up with havana, white, silver, black and dark grey... now still deciding whether to get black or dark grey... personally i like the white color but my wife disagree as she said it looks like taxi in singapore (those limo taxi in singapore)...

willie;641480 said:
preferred lighter color like space grey, but still i prefer the cinnamon interior, i ended up with havana, white, silver, black and dark grey... now still deciding whether to get black or dark grey... personally i like the white color but my wife disagree as she said it looks like taxi in singapore (those limo taxi in singapore)...

welcome soon to be oil burner.
my 2 sen (but it's ultimately your decision!!), get a white one. None on the road yet, and although it's a pain to maintain, it looks superduper. Here's a schitzered up one :)
AC-Schnitzer-BMW-5-Series-F10-picture-300x225.jpg
2011-white-AC-Schnitzer-BMW-5-Series-F10-300x225.jpg

willie;641478 said:
eh, sorry i am noob abt the short form used, what is OM??? i got another question, noob too, my ncb for last year is 45%, and it ended earlier this year as i have sold it off, now when i am getting the new car what is the ncb that i can enjoy??? 45 or 55%???
thanks for the reply!!!

OM mean Official Member of BMWCM bro willie :4: ... as for your ncb, if I am not mistaken, it will stay at 45% (for a year) until you locked it to another car. To understand the system better, let say your ncb is 55% ... "depreciation" of the ncb is as follow .....
1st yr - 55%
2nd yr - 45%-38%
3rd yr - 30%
4th yr - 25%
5th yr - 0%

:4:

would like to ask what is the bank rate for car loan??? 7 years?? 8 years?? 9 years??

how to avoid being chase by the HASIL if i got some "extra, unclaimed" income???

Maniac;641489 said:
welcome soon to be oil burner.
my 2 sen (but it's ultimately your decision!!), get a white one. None on the road yet, and although it's a pain to maintain, it looks superduper. Here's a schitzered up one :)
AC-Schnitzer-BMW-5-Series-F10-picture-300x225.jpg
2011-white-AC-Schnitzer-BMW-5-Series-F10-300x225.jpg

Guys guys, pls help me to think of a few reasons for me to convince wifey to get the white one...

she is complaining:
1. solid color, and because of that the color easier to turn in to brown, yellowish color later on if not taken care well (she wants dark color, cinnamon interior)
2. It is the color of taxi in singapore (this is a fact, so i can't argue with her)
3. add on body kit is easier to match darker color, and looks more meaner... darker color car already look "lowered" without actual lowering the car, but white color will have the other way round...

thanks thanks ya...

willie;640891 said:
hihi, i think i will start as a newbie, about 10 years ago, my father bought me a E36 318i and i have joined the club (old forum) since then (see my join date)... few years later after college, when i started working changed to jdm as udm is a rare species at my work place...

today, year 2011, i was planning to get a VW cc, but now pretty much deferred from it due to irresponsible attitude by vw (booked the car end of 2010, till now still no clear info whether when will be the car be released)... like the look of F10, but was not really keen initially due to potential prob, suspension etc, till i saw a few good reviews on 520d...

thinking of getting the 520d, wondering what color options i have as bmw website doesn't show what color choice for 520d, it is more of a general color available...

also planning to apply for loan but still confused with the bmw credit etc need more info on that..

Wish everyone have a good weekend!!!!

regards,
willie

If budget isnt an issue, go for the 528i, go thru the specs and u'll see what i mean. also the missing integral active steering on the d make a lot of different. it is definitely a much better car worth paying a little bit more. test drive all models if possible and if u think u can live with a diesel car, then go for it. im sure its still a great car to drive. there are many cars with high torque..... my 528i is about 258hp with 310nm. my CGI's got about 300nm, while my other car a 2.0turbo is about 195hp/310nm as well. believe me 310nm plus minus few is more that enuff power. but end of the day having a bigger capacity engine is definitely better. my CGI is only 1.8, and you can actually hear and feel the engine getting breathless at higher speed.

btw the i got my financing from rhb islamic back ( green color ones) got interest rate of 2.5% very fast approval

willie;641785 said:
would like to ask what is the bank rate for car loan??? 7 years?? 8 years?? 9 years??

how to avoid being chase by the HASIL if i got some "extra, unclaimed" income???

i got 7 years loan for my 528i from RHB Islamic bank ( green signboard ) at 2.45% or 2.5%. but i took less than max loan. can go upto 9 yrs also.

no way man to escape LHDN, unless get ur accounting ppl to assist u. i just got a summon to court for not submitting my 2006 borang BE, hahaha. i think i did submit but probably got lost in the mail. anyway, what to do? :p

SaabBMW7443;642392 said:
If budget isnt an issue, go for the 528i, go thru the specs and u'll see what i mean. also the missing integral active steering on the d make a lot of different. it is definitely a much better car worth paying a little bit more. test drive all models if possible and if u think u can live with a diesel car, then go for it. im sure its still a great car to drive. there are many cars with high torque..... my 528i is about 258hp with 310nm. my CGI's got about 300nm, while my other car a 2.0turbo is about 195hp/310nm as well. believe me 310nm plus minus few is more that enuff power. but end of the day having a bigger capacity engine is definitely better. my CGI is only 1.8, and you can actually hear and feel the engine getting breathless at higher speed.

btw the i got my financing from rhb islamic back ( green color ones) got interest rate of 2.5% very fast approval

Thanks for the reply... i was initially planning to get 250k plus vehicle, now brand new 520d is only 340k which is still within my budget la still already a gap, if go for 528i wow... was planning to wait for f30, but i think 520d suits me more la, i need to travel quite a lot and i like to drive...

i like diesel car, it is cheap to run, adequate power for me, and whats more now malaysia has euro2 diesel, so it is kind of fine for me, even my wife don't mind diesel... although it is missing integral active steering, it still it is a solid car to drive around town, and i need not worry about the extra component which might have to be replace in future etc...

just wondering i should take bmw credit or bank loan... because already bmw earn money by selling the car to me, they earn more by the loan... not fair la to local banks, although mine is just a small amount la... haha

Top Bottom