• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Prawnmee

Club Guest
My wife took Delivery of a new 320i (Non Facelift) last night at Glenmarie. The car Stalled for 10 times in total. Inboard Shows a Yellow Symbols (Similar to Hydraulic Pump), called the 1800888883 and a chap pick up and told me that i have to pay for the towing charges:mad: . Milage done 37km. Now she only left with the service booklet, a free BMW umbrella & a 20th Anniversary teddy! Could have gotten the Passat instead!Sheer Driving my Pressure!!! i Call it!Hello all BMWclub members!

Hi Prawnmee,

You should ask yourself why you bought the BMW in the first place. This car is not a type of car to get from point A to point B, or a status symbol. This car is for enthusiasts only. For hobbyist. You can treat it as buying a racing horse. Get a Japanese car instead. Passat will give you problems also. Trust me. What a pity you learn it the hard way.

bro funfer, i think your post lari topic lah. a status symbol should not breakdown the way it did straight from the auto bavaria.

prawnmee, sorry to hear of your predicament. car stalling for 10 times immediately after ownership is a no-no. i hope its just some minor problem where after rectifying should give you no further problems and leading to customer satisfaction.

suggest to claim the tow truck charges from AB. If need be, get another unit from them...

Hellraiser;384108 said:
bro funfer, i think your post lari topic lah. a status symbol should not breakdown the way it did straight from the auto bavaria.

prawnmee, sorry to hear of your predicament. car stalling for 10 times immediately after ownership is a no-no. i hope its just some minor problem where after rectifying should give you no further problems and leading to customer satisfaction.

suggest to claim the tow truck charges from AB. If need be, get another unit from them...

Bro hellraiser,

Read my post very carefully. I never said it was a status symbol. I did mention about horses though. Ha ha..

sorry bro, typo error . supposed to be "car for enthusiast only". a thousand apologies....

Prawnmee;384077 said:
My wife took Delivery of a new 320i (Non Facelift) last night at Glenmarie. The car Stalled for 10 times in total. Inboard Shows a Yellow Symbols (Similar to Hydraulic Pump), called the 1800888883 and a chap pick up and told me that i have to pay for the towing charges:mad: . Milage done 37km. Now she only left with the service booklet, a free BMW umbrella & a 20th Anniversary teddy!

Could have gotten the Passat instead!

Sheer Driving my Pressure!!! i Call it!

Hello all BMWclub members!

Shocking...I wonder what is going to be AB's explanation for this! Totally unacceptable. Anyone buying any car at any price shouldnt face problems like this, let alone a premium brand like BMW. Surely this will and has spoiled your believe and trust in the BMW brand. BMW Malaysia should really take note and make amends and quickly fix this. Prawmee, you should lodge a complaint to BMW Malaysia directly on this.

Sorry to hear this. Suggest you write officially to BMW Malaysia and demand to waive the towing etc.

racheltoh;384223 said:
Sorry to hear this.....
a 37k mileage car...2nd hand ya??

hallo.. 37km la. thirty seven kilometer.. wow unbelievable and what FU service is this?? just took delivery and ask you to pay for towing service. I am saying goodbye to the red clubman in AB Glenmarie.

hi prawnmee, welcome to the club . It is very unfortunate that happened to your wife on the very first day. For me it is VERY unacceptable . COMPLAIN BIG TIME BRO. It's a shame that circumstances like this give BMW a bad name which isn't supposed to happen in the first place if they did the PDI correctly . BMWs are such nice cars to drive . Don't let this mishap deter you from loving a BMW . It's the dealer/person handling the car that you should be mad at . THEY SHOULD NOT .. CANNOT ask you to pay towing charges . I m very surprised to hear that . It should be under warranty claims. My bike had about 8000kms on it when it stalled on karak highway(probably I was having tooooo much fun on it:) and I called Autobavaria . Within 30 mins, the truck came ,lifted it up and was taken to Glenmarie . I was impressed. AND I got the bike back the NEXT day. Impressed AGAIN..The problem was with the battery .They changed it with a new battery and problem solved. When I went to pick it up , I was only asked to sign some warranty claims papers and THAT was IT. They did not ask me to pay at all for anything ,not even towing ! AND MINE WAS FROM KARAK HIGHWAY!! I guess SHIT HAPPENS to no matter what make of car/bike but the way it was handled makes the difference. I was VERY pleased although initially was pissed at stalling on the highway while having fun..(probably was my fault too :) shhhh! :) U should contact your sales advisor. He/she should be responsible. Make noise in a nice way lah... I mean , just convey your dissatisfaction and ask them to propose a remedy. U should convey this to BMW MALAYSIA also. For me , the sales advisor makes a LOT of difference. Is he /she an enthusiast also or just there to make a quick buck to make ends meet... Then he'll ber there for you before and after sales are made. For me I am fortunate to have an enthusiast as the sales advisor. If u guys do go to AB to get a car, look for JAMES . I'll vouch for him maaan... That experience made me SOLD on the upcoming BMW S1000RR .. Just my 2 cents..

mee udang .... welcome sir ....

AB sucks ..yahhhhh ...even the motorrads too facing low quality of service there ....

anyway thats the learning curve ....

if you have any press member freind ..call them up and take some shots and take it out in the local papers here bout the pain you had to go through ..

pity you my friend ....37KM and the excitement has been shatered ..... now looks like you're gonna eat lotsa maggie instead of mee udang for lunch and you may need to visit there AB a number of times to see your ride there ....

mee udang bro, i feel sorry for you la.. Just bought a brand new Bimmer and drove for 37km, problems starts to show up, the car must be posessed man! I also agree with ICEMAN 13 here, call and take some shots and share your pain to the country. AB will SURE take notice, and MAYBE exchange your current "posessed" bimmer for a BRAND new one~~

PS: Try PAMA brand instant noodle, package is shiny silver, thai curry flavour, damn CUN~ , too hot to stop eating, but too delicious NOT to stop eating, available in 7-Eleven, must try xD

nazrie;389505 said:
hi prawnmee, welcome to the club . It is very unfortunate that happened to your wife on the very first day. For me it is VERY unacceptable . COMPLAIN BIG TIME BRO. It's a shame that circumstances like this give BMW a bad name which isn't supposed to happen in the first place if they did the PDI correctly . BMWs are such nice cars to drive . Don't let this mishap deter you from loving a BMW . It's the dealer/person handling the car that you should be mad at . THEY SHOULD NOT .. CANNOT ask you to pay towing charges . I m very surprised to hear that . It should be under warranty claims. My bike had about 8000kms on it when it stalled on karak highway(probably I was having tooooo much fun on it:) and I called Autobavaria . Within 30 mins, the truck came ,lifted it up and was taken to Glenmarie . I was impressed. AND I got the bike back the NEXT day. Impressed AGAIN..The problem was with the battery .They changed it with a new battery and problem solved. When I went to pick it up , I was only asked to sign some warranty claims papers and THAT was IT. They did not ask me to pay at all for anything ,not even towing ! AND MINE WAS FROM KARAK HIGHWAY!! I guess SHIT HAPPENS to no matter what make of car/bike but the way it was handled makes the difference. I was VERY pleased although initially was pissed at stalling on the highway while having fun..(probably was my fault too :) shhhh! :) U should contact your sales advisor. He/she should be responsible. Make noise in a nice way lah... I mean , just convey your dissatisfaction and ask them to propose a remedy. U should convey this to BMW MALAYSIA also. For me , the sales advisor makes a LOT of difference. Is he /she an enthusiast also or just there to make a quick buck to make ends meet... Then he'll ber there for you before and after sales are made. For me I am fortunate to have an enthusiast as the sales advisor. If u guys do go to AB to get a car, look for JAMES . I'll vouch for him maaan... That experience made me SOLD on the upcoming BMW S1000RR .. Just my 2 cents..

Not too sure if we met before but I met somebody at TT who told me same thing. The choice of sales advisor is very important at Glenmarie!! It could sound strange to some people but its true at AB. I think James or Andy are both good. They are caring and want to make sure your car is taken care properly.

Unfortunately towing is borne by owner. Read it carefully.

Top Bottom