Newbie (to be) from JB

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Joshsim

Hi all.....i'm Josh from JB and as the title suggested, i'm not even officially a "newbie" yet but plan to get a 520i very soon. This will be my very first BMW.
i have a tight budget of around RM300k so i will be looking at the Premium Selection options.
i was initially also considering 520d but finally decided to get 520i instead - yeah i know there are fans for both the "d" and the "i" so let's not discuss the pros and cons here, i guess there are already enough discussion about it in this forum.

looking at my budget, i will probably get a pre-LCI version (2013). my prefered color is sophisto grey with dark color interior, but i guess there aren't too many options in the Premium Selection....so if i can't get my preferred choice, i can go with any exterior color (except alpine white) with the dark interior - as i am a pretty rough user, light color interior will not suit me (same goes to white exterior).

i appreciate input/advice on choosing the Premium Selection cars or dealing with Auto Bavaria in general.....are there anything that i should be cautious about?

hope to 'officially' join this big family soon.

cheers
Josh

HI Josh

Welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay here and do browse around for information related :D

i wish u all the best. dont forget to post your new pic of the car once u have it

Hi Josh
Welcome to the club. Do check out the f10 thread for more knowledge information.
If you do stop by kl let us know we will love to have a tt session with you

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome Josh! Hope you enjoy your stay here in the forum, and hope to one day see you "turn blue"...

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z1 using Tapatalk Pro

Here we go, another UDM kaki joining us. Welcome Josh!

I'm in JB too bro. ping me when you're free and can catch up for a the tarik... :D

Welcome josh. Check out the members'meet up section to join the guys for TT.

wow...didn't expect to get so many replies and warm welcome!
thank you guys!

i have been contacting AutoBavaria for the last few days, unfortunately, their Premium Selection (520i) that is below 300k seems to have limited stock left and none suits my requirement in terms of color combination (interior and exterior), a lot of choices for the 2014 version though but going for 348k....i am not prepare to break the bank for a car...
to be honest, i'm not a "car person"...i pick my car base on "look" rather than performance....sounds shallow right? lol

i'm in a bit of dilemma at the moment, should i pick one that is not my preferred choice and live with it for the next few years...or wait for a better one to come along that fits my requirement in terms of color combination, but bear of risk of having to pay above 300k for it....damn...

btw...thanks for the invitaion for tt.....but let me get the car first...i can't be going for BMW tt with a Nissan...lol

just an update...

1+ month into owning a BWM....i have to say the experience is fantastic.
i have gotten myself a 520i Havanna/Black....well i know it is not exactly the "in" model but for a first-time BMW owner it is already a pure bliss.

i found myself like a katak bawah tempurung or sua-ku in many occasions which is quite funny now that i think back....for a good laugh i just want to share some of the silly moments..

1) i didn't know that the car memory (radio stations, seat/side mirror memory) is following the car key. so for the first few times when i switched the car key i was worried that there was something wrong with the car as all the setting was gone...and i actually send the car back to AutoBavaria for this reason... :stupid:

2) i didn't know that i have to "activate" the front sensor by pressing the park-assist button, so i was complaining to everyone that the front sensor does not work (unless i reverse the car), i almost go back to AutoBavaria again for another insult before i found out the trick, but it was too late to prevent my front bumper hitting some road curb when parking my car %$#&%$#&^....luckily it was just some unnoticeable tiny scratches.

3) it was after 1 month before i found out how to reset the running mileage meter....

4) i didn't know that the auto start-stop will not function when we just turn on the ignition or even in the first few minutes when we drive the car, so when i want to "show off" to my wife that the car has this function...it did not work! i was embarrassed and thought something was wrong, how come sometime it works and sometime it does not work! i was complaining to a friend and then he told me the auto start-stop will not work when the car is still cool...

5) not to mention the countless time i mixed up the signal and wiper location....always switch on the wiper when i want to signal for a turn...

well..i am still learning something new every now and then.
but in general i'm happy with the car.

cheers!

Top Bottom