Newbie on board.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GSForLife

Club Guest
Hi all senior forummers. I'd been lurking at this forum for a while but didnt feel it was necessary to register until now. My 1st beemer was a bike (GS1100)...and the 2nd one was a bike too (R1200GSA)..and finally got myself a used X5 4.4 (E53) about 2 yrs ago. I am quite savvy with bikes mechanism but not the X5 V8 engine which until recently had been giving me some rather silly problems which I cant seem to get guidance from our local mechanics despite paying what they ask for. Hoping to learn and share information with all of you as we go along. Thank you.

mizhan;580022 said:
welcome to our forum. what seems to be the problem with the X5?

Hi Mizhan,

not much problem with the car except now at 100K kms, I have replaced a host of things (mostly wear & tear) and then the entire engine gaskets and replaceable parts like manifold valve, water pumps, all the so-called belts etc etc. Spent a fortune...but 2 months later...oil leak (worst leak than before the recommended repair)...went back, changed the brand new valve gaskets (which was allegedly the cause), cleaned up the engine of old oil residue and came out from the workshop less than 24 hours, it leaked again...pretty bad leak.

Any recommendation for a reliable workshop who is experienced to handle M62 V8 engine....its only gasket replacement...the most basic of any engine maintenance...and I am facing such difficulty as yet despite paying top 3rd party fees for the job....:rolleyes:

Welcome..welcome..

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Am sure one of our members would be able to assist..

Am confident things would turn out all right for you!!

Cheers :)

here got a lot sifu......................:rolleyes:

don't worry.....................:wink:

welcome bro......................:cool:

Thank you all for your thoughts and warm reception. I am sure there are a lot of beemer gurus lurking within this forum. It's good to know that there is still at least one such active forum in Malaysia. My appreciation to all who contribute positively herein.

Top Bottom