Newbie hunting for Beemer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

creed

Club Guest
Hi all;Been lurking on this forum to read more about Beemer; always want a Beemer and I think I nv came as close this time round :). In the market for a E60 preferable diesel variant. Hope to learn more from this forum regarding the E60 behaviour during the ownership.A great forum I must say with lots of sifus willing to share.Cheers

Welcome bro creed, cant go wrong with the D, the 530 6 pot is surely the beast you're lookin for:rock:

haha, in the market for a Peugeot 508 initially; but after tested friend's 320d, it kinds of sway myself towards the UDM; poor man wanting to try Beemer but rationality kicks in whether the 7-8 years car is a good bet :p

Test drove the 530d last weekend; the engine noise from outside is not as bad as I thought; and I kind of feel its quieter than 320d especially the "tak tak tak" noise. Inside the cabin practically sealed off all the noises; noticed some wind noises 160km and above but I bet that's normal. Read a lot in the forum recently and few things that creeps up for a 530d.

1. Swirl flaps
2. Active Steering
3. iDrive

I too spoke to service advisor at the center; they told me the 530d or generally E60 had proven the reliability in term of mechanical; but the early batches bugged by electronic items which can be a frustration to upkeep :p, decision decision....

One more thing; is there any reputable workshop that services the "D" well? I vet through the service history at Ingress; it was done at 20k interval and along the way; starter motor; control-unit for the iDrive; some hoses had been replaced; which tends to comfort me as nothing major pops up.

Top Bottom