Newbie and not at all familiar with BMWs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Maxmush

Club Guest
Well, I have just sign onboard about an hour and a half ago. I have heard about the BMW Club Malaysia but as I do not drive a BMW I did not bother to sign up. However I shall be collecting my E30 Coupe 1985 sometime next week and it's a manual too ( been a long time since I drove a manual car) I just wonder whether I am really up to it. I am 62 years old, guess that would make me "warga emas" in the club and forum too. Wonder if my left leg is still up to the task of pumping that clutch, god knows how many thousand times more (god willing) but I guess I would give it a go just for the heck of it. My young friend is selling his E30 to me as he had just confirmed his purchase of an E36 which would be coming next week. I am in Kota Damansara, retired but I do work from home much these days. I must say I am truely excited about owning an E30, never mind that it is a 24 years old car, felt like I am buying a brand new one. There are a couple of things that needed attention on the E30 and I reallly really do appreciate any and all advise from the club members and sifus in this forum. I would need to identify a workshop for my would be E30, potong kereta shop that specializes on beemers, I would need all kinds of rubber strips, bushings, etc, etc, etc.I have been reading the post for quite a while now and I must say the forum members are very helpful, love the photos of the cars posted here, wish my E30 would be as good. Looking forward to drive my E30 to Bukit Jalil on the coming 11th. I am a serious amature photographer, right now I am just starting out on my next coffee table book but it will not be completed any time soon, figure in order to really give a true picture of this community I needed at least a year from now to put everything together.I have a Honda CRV which my wife is driving, me I drive a Hyundai Getz. I don't know whether I should get rid of the Getz but guess I will not. The E30 would be reserved for my fun drive, weekends. My name is Mohd Mustapha and the nick is really a combination of age and the first four alphabet from mustapha. I am maxing out on age man! Therefore Max....mush. Hows dat?I guess thats about it for now. Hope to be more active in this forum and in the club outing soon. Thanks for the opportunity to intro myself. :top:

Unker, welcome to the BMW Club Forum.. Hee..hee.. me also unker..

Nowadays, part for E30 very hard to get from chop shop.. Have to hunt for it. there is many people owns E30 and I am sure many will envy your "manual"..

BTW, Enjoy your stay here.. Uou can also share some of your shots in here..

Maxmush;425922 said:
Well, I have just sign onboard about an hour and a half ago. I have heard about the BMW Club Malaysia but as I do not drive a BMW I did not bother to sign up. However I shall be collecting my E30 Coupe 1985 sometime next week and it's a manual too ( been a long time since I drove a manual car) I just wonder whether I am really up to it. I am 62 years old, guess that would make me "warga emas" in the club and forum too. Wonder if my left leg is still up to the task of pumping that clutch, god knows how many thousand times more (god willing) but I guess I would give it a go just for the heck of it.

My young friend is selling his E30 to me as he had just confirmed his purchase of an E36 which would be coming next week. I am in Kota Damansara, retired but I do work from home much these days. I must say I am truely excited about owning an E30, never mind that it is a 24 years old car, felt like I am buying a brand new one. There are a couple of things that needed attention on the E30 and I reallly really do appreciate any and all advise from the club members and sifus in this forum. I would need to identify a workshop for my would be E30, potong kereta shop that specializes on beemers, I would need all kinds of rubber strips, bushings, etc, etc, etc.

I have been reading the post for quite a while now and I must say the forum members are very helpful, love the photos of the cars posted here, wish my E30 would be as good. Looking forward to drive my E30 to Bukit Jalil on the coming 11th. I am a serious amature photographer, right now I am just starting out on my next coffee table book but it will not be completed any time soon, figure in order to really give a true picture of this community I needed at least a year from now to put everything together.

I have a Honda CRV which my wife is driving, me I drive a Hyundai Getz. I don't know whether I should get rid of the Getz but guess I will not. The E30 would be reserved for my fun drive, weekends. My name is Mohd Mustapha and the nick is really a combination of age and the first four alphabet from mustapha. I am maxing out on age man! Therefore Max....mush. Hows dat?

I guess thats about it for now. Hope to be more active in this forum and in the club outing soon. Thanks for the opportunity to intro myself. :top:

Love your intro bro. Congrats on your new drive! Welcome to the club.

Welcome onboard.
I am not usually a "hi" , "welcome" guy, but your story inspired all of us. ( or at least me)
There's never too old for new hobbies, or in this case, "new" car.
I bet you will have alot of fun at 11th. I am getting excited too. :)

Cheers.
And again, welcome to this club.

Maxmush,

Your intro is very aspiring and the longest I've seen so far.

Welkum! Welkum!

To all forumers....Jarance, Hellraiser, Azam318, Turbology and Msport. Thanks guys for your warm welkum. Jarance good to know Im not the only unker here. It can be a lonely feeling huh! But I guess not, how cud I? Looks like you guys are having too much fun exchanging infos, with your rides and events......I guess I shall too. Yes once the E30 is in my hand I shall be posting some pics on this new girl fren of mine, hopefully the before and after shots too. Thanks....so so much.

Welcome to the Club bro.

Reading your Intro, I would say that , that's how an intro should be! Get your baby fixed and join us for an official TT, sign up as a official member and join in the fun and activities!!

BMW - Makes you feel young all over again! :)

SALAM and welcome unker Maxmush. Errr i also unker but like Don Franco says BMW makes you young all over again.
Hmmmmm....maybe one day we can do TT.... ' For Unkers Only TT'....kekeke.

welkam unker mush... ehh... bawak e30 boleh panggil unker ke? heheheh thot unker drive 5 silis oni?

Hi All,

Guess I am overdue in my reply to all of you guys. Been quite bz, away in K. Terengganu for 5 days, the demise of my beloved father-in-law. I'll be away in Kedah this weekend so I guess this is the most opportune time to say thanks again. My friend finally got his E36, black in color (he intend to respray and do the interior). Went down with him to Senawang to view the car. Motorsport rim lg tuu....the guy who sold the car said its ori. I canot question but look only and say nice...nice! I dunno anything about BMWs. He said he visits the forum but have yet to register. So I say "register lah cepat ape lagi tunggu".

Don Franco Welcome to the Club bro.

Reading your Intro, I would say that , that's how an intro should be! Get your baby fixed and join us for an official TT, sign up as a official member and join in the fun and activities!!

BMW - Makes you feel young all over again!
Thanks bro....for your welkum gesture. I am taking delivery of my E30 next week and sure wud luv to join you guys on TT.

shyful313 welcome unker..
Thanks....shyful313.

bluepanther SALAM and welcome unker Maxmush. Errr i also unker but like Don Franco says BMW makes you young all over again.
Hmmmmm....maybe one day we can do TT.... ' For Unkers Only TT'....kekeke.
Wassallam...ooh! so u aso unker huh! Hokey nice of u to pen ur welkum. Yes...agree bluepanther, I know we unkers aso feel young wat! betul tak? :rolleyes::top: Sure lets get unkers TT sometimes. But do we have the quorum? :rolleyes:

syahruln welkam unker mush... ehh... bawak e30 boleh panggil unker ke? heheheh thot unker drive 5 silis oni?
Want to drive 5 Silis but poket canot laa. But dream of driving coupe E30. So got E30...Im hapy.

joe_myinc welcome bro.................
Thanks for ur welkum bro!

Top Bottom