New to E36 325 Even Old Cars 1994

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MYE36

Hai & Hello bimmer forumers and bimmer sifu's,

Need an advice since Im planing to own 1 e36 325 which year 1994 after seen a few video at youtube with the superb impression from outside (exspecially europe) side.

Any pros & cons for this particular car?

1) need to know what the budget if i want to change everything to look nice such as , full leather seat , change the color and etc...

2) what is the most common prob for this 20years old car ? are like others common germany faulty car ? "mudah terbakar"
hehe

thanks

bro,
go to the e36 forum and you shall find the answers.take the time to read.these guys have posted their ownership experiences:

Lee36328 , anxious , Unos

Invaluable information!

mudah terbakar?where on earth did you get this notion from?cars that catches fire are the ones that are poorly maintained and maintained by unprofessional people.dodgy wiring,improper insulation from heat sources etc....

gud luck....

in regards to your inquiry ...

1) 20K min.
2) depends on the car you're gonna purchase ...where is it coming from ..the used car dealer or an owner
the common problems depends on the car relatively ...not everyone would face problems as mentioned on WWW.

moots said:
bro,
go to the e36 forum and you shall find the answers.take the time to read.these guys have posted their ownership experiences:

Lee36328 , anxious , Unos

Invaluable information!

mudah terbakar?where on earth did you get this notion from?cars that catches fire are the ones that are poorly maintained and maintained by unprofessional people.dodgy wiring,improper insulation from heat sources etc....

gud luck....
thanks bross..

still new in this forum..
about thing 'mudah terbakar' i did read some othe forum from japan. maybe bimmerz haters.. not sure the truth.. just make a research since im fans of e36 thats y im reading a lot of info about this old legendary car .. by anyway thanks for ur advice.. all hail to all bimmerz

ICEMAN 68 said:
in regards to your inquiry ...

1) 20K min.
2) depends on the car you're gonna purchase ...where is it coming from ..the used car dealer or an owner
the common problems depends on the car relatively ...not everyone would face problems as mentioned on WWW.
yeah indeed... thanks sifu for your advice... appreciate and keep the knowledge in my 'skull' :)
i just want to know more before i purchase this kind of car ... (as far as i concerned car with 20years old long need to purchase via cash) so cash ready to own this car for 'muda remaja' thing :)
i seen the advertisement everywhere now-days about e36 performance such as mudah or carlist. (of course google as well) .. so i decide to purchase and own one for this car....

ICEMAN is the walking dictionary for E36 and also owns one of the best E36 that I know of. Buy him teh tarik and he will shower you with his unconditional knowledge .. Good luck

Teh tarik small matter bro... Will bongkar sikit2 his knowledge then...
V-Man said:
ICEMAN is the walking dictionary for E36 and also owns one of the best E36 that I know of. Buy him teh tarik and he will shower you with his unconditional knowledge .. Good luck

What kinda budget do you have to play with? That, I believe is the most important question and will determine the outcome of your ownership of an e36 325.

Briefly:

For seat reupholstering you can get quotes from shop to get an idea. I guess the forum favorite would be Top Cushion in Subang. I would advice avoiding Carbi-deco in Puchong, wasn't too satisfied with their work personally.

Painting will depend on the level of paintjob you're looking at. I'm sure our more experiences sifus in here can guide you.

There will be wear and tear, your first year or two of ownership will be addressing all these as best as you can. The good thing is, once you've replaced the parts, they will last you a long while. Speaking from experience. 10-20k should be able to make it mechanically sound (including some suspension mods).

2wenty6 said:
What kinda budget do you have to play with? That, I believe is the most important question and will determine the outcome of your ownership of an e36 325.

Briefly:

For seat reupholstering you can get quotes from shop to get an idea. I guess the forum favorite would be Top Cushion in Subang. I would advice avoiding Carbi-deco in Puchong, wasn't too satisfied with their work personally.
tq bro for you value able advice, noted with thanks

Painting will depend on the level of paintjob you're looking at. I'm sure our more experiences sifus in here can guide you.
yups, im in reading stage and keep reading on daily every post since (but many posted so maybe im overlook some topic)

There will be wear and tear, your first year or two of ownership will be addressing all these as best as you can. The good thing is, once you've replaced the parts, they will last you a long while. Speaking from experience. 10-20k should be able to make it mechanically sound (including some suspension mods).
thanks for sharing the infos bro

Top Bottom