New Fiat coupe or Fiat Bravo GT??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skysurfer

Club Guest
Hi guys.. Just need your 2 cents.. I'm thinking about getting d new fiat bravo GT or new fiat coupe but old stock (2000) for that extra hp since my 318 is kinda underpowered..any of u guys seen d new bravo? looks like a hot hatch but d coupe is kinda sexy...hmmm

really depends on what you want. they serve 2 diff needs. if its flat out peformance that your heart's bleeding for, then go for the coupe. runs like a dog in heat. was once touted as the fastest european fwd production car when it was first released in 93, but imo has lines that only enthusiasts would appreciate. if you're looking for better comfort, more discrete styling and something fresh that has enough low end torque for a zippy town ride, then the bravo gt.

personally, i'd go for the new bravo gt. ideally, the bravo gt with a 2.0 20v turbo block from the coupe :19:. there was a 07 unit in fa italia going for rm105k 2 weeks back.

coupe 20V turbo.... been test drive before and really great car at it's class but lastly end up with beemer...huhu...

Fiat Coupe is a troublesome car. Brembo brakes jam, engine overheating often I heard.

IsaacVky;373539 said:
Fiat Coupe is a troublesome car. Brembo brakes jam, engine overheating often I heard.

alfa & fiat - overheating comes wt the package...hehe, nevertheless they give a brilliant driving experience.

cheers,
ex-146Ti owner!!

I say the Fiat Coupe. I've test driven one a while back('98 20V turbo) and it was awesome.The Fiat Coupe is more practical than you think.The boot is quite big for a sports car, and an average size adult can easily fit in the back seat.The part I like the most about the car is its interior where the metal accent is painted the same colour as the exterior of the car.The design of the car itself is a "love it or hate it" affair, but my personal opinion is that the Fiat Coupe is simply gorgeous.Plus, the car was designed by Pininfarina, the same designer of almost all Ferrari cars.

Reliability is never a strong suit of Italian cars. But we only have two choices these days; you can either buy a reliable but boring car, or an exciting but unreliable one.Your choice.

go get yourself the 20VT+... a good condition used car price is quite reasonable.

good luck!

bmw4eva;373717 said:
I say the Fiat Coupe. I've test driven one a while back('98 20V turbo) and it was awesome.The Fiat Coupe is more practical than you think.The boot is quite big for a sports car, and an average size adult can easily fit in the back seat.The part I like the most about the car is its interior where the metal accent is painted the same colour as the exterior of the car.The design of the car itself is a "love it or hate it" affair, but my personal opinion is that the Fiat Coupe is simply gorgeous.Plus, the car was designed by Pininfarina, the same designer of almost all Ferrari cars.

Reliability is never a strong suit of Italian cars. But we only have two choices these days; you can either buy a reliable but boring car, or an exciting but unreliable one.Your choice.

Correction......the Fiat Coupe was designed by Chris Bangle when he was the designer for Fiat and built by Pininfarina.

bmFIVE;374020 said:
Correction......the Fiat Coupe was designed by Chris Bangle when he was the designer for Fiat and built by Pininfarina.

if im not mistaken i've seen the "pininfarina" logo stuck on the dash board of the coupe??alamak confused, anyway thx for the info :listen:

sachseelan;374025 said:
if im not mistaken i've seen the "pininfarina" logo stuck on the dash board of the coupe??alamak confused, anyway thx for the info :listen:

peugeot 407 also pininfarina. i can laugh at ferrari drivers who pay millions for thier ferrari. i buy hyundai matrix only rm 70k also got pininfarina badge...hahahaha

alpina b5;379096 said:
i can laugh at ferrari drivers who pay millions for thier ferrari. i buy hyundai matrix only rm 70k also got pininfarina badge...hahahaha
that badge isn't worth the rm2 plastic that its cast on. laugh yourself out, but i wouldn't trade 1 ferrari for even 10 hyundais.

eldiablo;379941 said:
that badge isn't worth the rm2 plastic that its cast on. laugh yourself out, but i wouldn't trade 1 ferrari for even 10 hyundais.

lol, yea. of course, who would.

Top Bottom