Need Help: Good spray paint shop in Klang Valley

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

schwarz

Club Guest
Hi guys :wavey:I got banged in the rear and my bumper has scratches and all (slightly dented too, maybe use hair dryer to manually fix it) but the scratch is noticeable so I need a respray of my black e90 rear bumper. I understand that AutoBavaria 'outsource' their spraying services to other shop outside. Any idea which shop in glenmarie that AB outsource to? I dont feel comfortable sending to any other shop because of the paint they use. Not sure if the quality of the paint is the same or not. But if its a shop outsourced by AB, i am pretty sure the paint should match the original one right?Please advise !Thanks !

mizhan;849009 said:
Pro Garage, Sunway Damansara.

I concur. I had them repair a rear section on my E30 around the taillights and I could not distinguish where their work began and ended. Good stuff.

mizhan;849009 said:
Pro Garage, Sunway Damansara.

what's the price to respray the whole rear bumper?

possible if i want to respray only certain part? (only the wound area)

schwarz you need to bring ur car to Pro Garage and they will determine the cost and whether to spray the whole bumper or certain part. High possibility is to spray the whole bumper :rock::rock::rock:

sembrono;849034 said:
schwarz you need to bring ur car to Pro Garage and they will determine the cost and whether to spray the whole bumper or certain part. High possibility is to spray the whole bumper :rock::rock::rock:
oh no.... feel sayang la... cos only the right side bumper got scratch... a bit waste if spray entire bumper :17:
any idea what's the cost of spraying whole bumper? if its more than my 'comfort' price then i just live my life with the scratches only la

Is the scratch deep enough that it has removed the layer of paint and is down to primer or raw material?
If not, you might be able to reduce the appearance of the scratches using polish. If majority of the marks are paint transfer from whatever vehicle hit you, then even easier.

MRI675;849115 said:
Soo Seng, Taman Bolton, Bt Caves...really satisfied with his job...

Yes, Soo Seng being Ingress' panel body shop/painter is really good with their paint works. An OM recently had his e63 re-sprayed and finish quality is extremely good. Have also seen new Bentleys being sent to this paint shop for touch-ups.

agreed. price will depend on time to perform the work and material used. my advise, never haggle with a painter; if you think the quote is too high, just walk away. you wouldn't want a discounted work quality, which is what you'll get for insisting on price discount.

sembrono;849034 said:

I send mine to George in Kg Kayu Ara (his paint shop is where the peugeot workshop is... "euro something")...and am happy with his work. So far, both my cars was repainted and subsequently touched up by him. Recently, he repainted my wife's red F30 bumper which had some serious curb rash and I can't tell the difference.

Next door is pro detailer. Perhaps before deciding to paint, go ask Albert (the boss) to give an assessment if the scratch can be buffed out.

I totally have to agree with Mizhan. Don't haggle with painters. Cheap painters will cut cost on materials / prep time to give you that price. With George, I don't even bother asking for price after the first couple of times... I just leave my car there, tell him what i want painted and go collect it once its done.
Good luck!

i visit George too, when i want a 'no compromise' job. simple touch-ups i go to Pro Garage.

mine is LIAN HENG BANGI ....all done by it very own family members without the use of any other foreign workers ,,,

MRI675;849115 said:
Soo Seng, Taman Bolton, Bt Caves...really satisfied with his job...

Excellent service and reasonable price. I had my Arkym CF front bumper sprayed and installed by them. I was suprised to see so many luxury conti cars being sprayed there.

Hi, colour matching is not an issue if you go to a reputable resprayer and give him the time to do a proper job. Generally, black and dark colours are easier to colour match vs silver, white, light colours and other pearlized finishes.

The quality of the paint used is never as important as the workmanship.
If you look at a resprayed vehicle, you can never tell what brand was used.
But you can certainly see the results of a great job....and as usual, a great job takes times and $$$

Another few resprayers worth considering are:
Wing Cheong (Jln Tandang) PJ...opposite Perodua Workshop.
Old school resprayer with great quality...based on the right price.

Wong Brothers...at the end of Jln Tandang, near the dead-end.
Great work as well...based on the right price.

If you're after a good quality, no shortcut respraying job on your bumper, you shd budget approx 3 days, and $450-$550 for a respectable job.

Top Bottom