need help for E30 5 lugs conversion setup

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RD30

Club Guest
Is there any one who has done the E30 5 lugs conversion setup? I have all the things needed but not sure the correct/best place to send my car. Any suggestion on the best place to send my E30 ?I want to make full conversion. :eek: HELP!!!

Originally posted by RD30@May 10 2006, 08:37 PM
Is there any one who has done the E30 5 lugs conversion setup? I have all the things needed but not sure the correct/best place to send my car. Any suggestion on the best place to send my E30 ?
I want to make full conversion. :eek: HELP!!!
Why do people prefer 5 lug over 4 lug in their E30?

Why?

Why?

B)

agreed!

limited choice of rims.......thats why i changed mine as well......but mine is 4 lugs out pcd 114.3.......to be fit for most japs rims with nigre lips......ha.ha.ha......

gud lak RD30!

I've read the forum under the same topic but it was not discussed in great detail. I wanna know who has done it, where should i go to do it? I dont bother about how much i have to spend on the conversion.

I've browsed through many other outside forums and mostly discuss in detail about about the conversion using parts E30 M3 and E36. Now i wish to know, how they use the E36 front suspension and other parts for conversion. Only one site i found that explained in detailed how to do it but the problem...it is in German. I cant translate the site. If possible i want to do the conversion by myself.

One of forum in this site, mentioned about lower arm modification. I want to know what modification has been made on the lower arm since i never come across this in most of the forums i've browsed.

Please guide me.

Originally posted by RD30@May 11 2006, 10:44 PM
I've read the forum under the same topic but it was not discussed in great detail. I wanna know who has done it, where should i go to do it? I dont bother about how much i have to spend on the conversion.

I've browsed through many other outside forums and mostly discuss in detail about about the conversion using parts E30 M3 and E36. Now i wish to know, how they use the E36 front suspension and other parts for conversion. Only one site i found that explained in detailed how to do it but the problem...it is in German. I cant translate the site. If possible i want to do the conversion by myself.

One of forum in this site, mentioned about lower arm modification. I want to know what modification has been made on the lower arm since i never come across this in most of the forums i've browsed.

Please guide me.
Guidance: Dont do it your self...

Extra guidance: Get it to ... mechanic that do Japs conversion into UDMs
(if they can fit JDM in an UDM, definitely no problem)

Like Mr. nikazwaa said, you should really do a search dude..... but anyways here are some ideas:

http://www.treehouseracing.com/home/content/view/16/46/

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/archi...hp/t-30771.html (look for posting by member named dave92ic)

or better still have a look at dave's car fully tricked out including 5 lug conversion http://www.davelength.net/car/mods.html

I dunno if you've seen any of the above before but hope it helps.

As to the question - why?

You have to ask yourself whether the relative cost of assembling the required parts is worth the:

- extra rim choice; and

- (maybe) better brakes.

Of course the conversion itself opens up other possibilities for modding e.g. big brake kits (the world of 4 pot calipers by AP, Brembo stoptech etc. are possibilities), better suspension (coilovers anyone?). These are items which are very rare for the E30 but not so for the E30 M3 and E36 but they are all very expensive.

i think its a waste of time and money.....better to put the money elsewhere into your car......

rim choice??? the rims will be still expensive and so are the tyres

bigger brakes??? why?? better to go for the e32/e38 brake booster upgrade, better disc, better brake pads.

you only need a big brake kit if you are pushing about 250rwhp

ever wondered what happens when you put bigger rims on a car....?

.......ofcourse this is my opinion

IF you are still interested in doing the converion PM zoggee he can point you in the right direction

Top Bottom