Need help...E46ci version

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

toiletroll

Club Guest
hey guys...i am thinking to get a E46ci... any recommendation? whether is 318ci, 325ci, 328ci or 330ci... let's compare to a 2 door jap sports car.... maybe 350Z or audi TTof course not talking about the road tax difference.. i am kind of concern about the maintenance though...although my friend told me that the parts are relatively cheap nowadays...

hello there!

if ur look@ coupe,m strongly recommended 318 ci m43 engine,parts are much cheaper and less problem.i hv been driving my car since last year.i changed a lots of parts in my engine.just wanna keep my engine tip top.if u getting one let me knw.i can share sum tips.gud luck

If economy you are looking, then E46 CI (and it still got executive look)

If power, then try TT Quatro, E46 M3/330CI, 350Z (facelifted)

Well the only car, I see here you can go to work, comfort, 2 door, will be BMW CI/M3

and CI can be M3/M3 CSL/M3 GTR lookalike

Yeah.... go for BMW 318Ci... I am driving one since October last year... Maintenance so far is economical esp the spare parts if u know where are u getting the replacement from..

thanks brothers....

eh.. i also wan to get a M3... but really out of my budget ... :stupid:

so... next best option is Ci Lor... hehe...

so now.. is the question of 318ci or 330ci lo.... of course we cannot compare the performance.. hm.. tough one..

toiletroll;245529 said:
thanks brothers....

eh.. i also wan to get a M3... but really out of my budget ... :stupid:

so... next best option is Ci Lor... hehe...

so now.. is the question of 318ci or 330ci lo.... of course we cannot compare the performance.. hm.. tough one..

would recommend a 325ci or 330ci....i reckon that if you drive 20,000 km a year, the additional annual cost over a 318ci would be:
road tax : additional RM450 325ci RM1,800 330ci
servicing and maintanence : RM1,500 per year
Fuel : additional RM1,000 per year...
Total additional cash : RM2,950 to RM4,300 per year

Depreciation : higher cost and hence reckon would lose about RM3,000 to RM5,000 per year additional over 318ci....

Overall, looking at RM6,000 to RM9,000 per year - rm750 per month....

but the 318ci is quicker than a honda civic / altis.....the 330ci is just slower than a porsche boxster......and the 325 / 330ci have that wonderful 6 cyclinder engine....

bmwcar is right, if budget permits, get a 6 cylinder. I did and never regret a single day.

guys n gals...

why is there no roll call on ci sss? Can the senior call for one... e46ci... should be great ya?

I have been driving a 318 ci for nearly 3 years and have done nearly 80k miles in it (that's 120K km!) under all kind of conditions.

Pretty economical and reliable. Performance is not bad if you are coming from Japanese cars. Good enough for overtaking on trunk roads etc but my next bimmer will definitely be a 6 cylinder.

How many variation of e46 318 Ci engine? from wikipedia stated N42b20 is for year 2005-2006. What about prior to that?

Any difference between the 2 engines?

Got a 323ci ... happy with it but still..not quite satisfied cause I want a m3..haha
If you get a 350z, roadtax is a lot in Malaysia..+ fuel will cost you a lot

Anybody know where I can get some parts for my car? Any good place to recommend in Selangor, preferable PJ Area ? Looking to get

Remus exhaust
Clear front indicators, LED tail lights
BBS wheels

weisiong123;260387 said:
Got a 323ci ... happy with it but still..not quite satisfied cause I want a m3..haha
If you get a 350z, roadtax is a lot in Malaysia..+ fuel will cost you a lot

Anybody know where I can get some parts for my car? Any good place to recommend in Selangor, preferable PJ Area ? Looking to get

Remus exhaust
Clear front indicators, LED tail lights
BBS wheels

try Auto Art - Taman Mayang - opposite the kelana LRT station on the way to Aman Suria...its above Karl Benz who also services BMWs and Mercs....

Top Bottom