my m20 enigne need help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lecka

Club Guest
olla peeps,just got my e30 last few days..it was perfect..drove back from johore to kuala lumpur..no breakdown.. then go to shah alam to lepak..on the way back from shah alam to bukit jalil..it happened!while driving around 80.. d engine.. out of nothing( no sound or anything..) died..so i drop d gear.. tkan d clutch.. gain some speed.. n lpas clucth balik hoping the engine will start back.. but it didnt..hazard light on.. went to d road shoulder.. off everything..then try start back.. cannot.. try again.. cannot oso..so i wait for a while..the next 5 mins.. i try to start d engine..lucky me it started..what's d prob with it aa?it happened a few times again after that..i need to get my e30 n good condition.. what should i do? what workshop should i go?TYKE! u'v seen my car before ryte?does d engine sounds diff?need tuning izit?cheers..

Highly possible fuel pump relay or fuel pump.

This is due to the someone I know that face the same problem as yours.

Same situation.

If not, it is your car naughthy asking you to change to M50 or M52 :ph34r:

Originally posted by bmwsideways@Jun 26 2006, 12:20 AM
Highly possible fuel pump relay or fuel pump.

This is due to the someone I know that face the same problem as yours.

Same situation.

If not, it is your car naughthy asking you to change to M50 or M52 :ph34r:
I tend to agree with bmwsideways..... fuel pump relay is possible..... it will start after you leave it for some time but it may 'cut out' again without warning.... best to get this looked at asap coz its dangerous.

what!! 15k for a fuel pump! :eek: 15k if i want to change d engine ryte? fuel pump how much arr? which workshop u recommend?

cannot be so damn high... macam tukar sebiji chassis!
lecka, why not PM tyke...

lecka...hey bro,sorry i was away and bz...
nice ride u got there btw...
yeah ur engine did sound a lil off whn axle drove off....i sms'd him right after tht...

well tell u wht,i faced ezactly the same problem and i think its been rectified...

the problem?...well due to my ECU being fried it managed to affect the fuelpump relay too.and bcoz of tht,fuel wasnt being supplied and tht caused the engine to shutdown...
cost of repair?
RM250 for a used m20b20 ecu(but at the moment its on loan for 1 wk) and RM130 for a new fuel pump relay.i also managed to get a fuel pump relay on loan too...
unless its ur fuelpump thts acting up thn it will cost u another RM350 for a new unit.
call/sms me and i'll take u to get it done...

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by lecka@Jun 26 2006, 02:28 PM
what!! 15k for a fuel pump! :eek: 15k if i want to change d engine ryte? fuel pump how much arr? which workshop u recommend?
15k if u want to change to M50..hehe

Originally posted by lecka@Jun 26 2006, 03:04 AM
thanks tyke.. meet u soon.. u r d man.. ;)

cheers..
no worries mate...btw,i just tried to call u but couldnt get thru to u...
where r u now?

rgds,
-brad-

lecka i suggest you take it to your regular workshop and get it done....if you want a copy of the haynes manual to do a little troubleshooting i can email it to you...

from the description you gave its pretty hard to tell what is wrong with your engine.....it could be a number of things. take it to the workshop

can laa brad.. cannot aa? Try again laa.. whenever you are free.. gimme a call..

lecka i suggest you take it to your regular workshop and get it done....if you want a copy of the haynes manual to do a little troubleshooting i can email it to you...

from the description you gave its pretty hard to tell what is wrong with your engine.....it could be a number of things. take it to the workshop

can man.. email me at comrad_prank@yahoo.com

more or less it should b the same problem as mine lah ....
but like u said...get ur ride to the worksjhop asap to get it rectified b4 it becomes too late...

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by tyke@Jun 26 2006, 05:16 PM
more or less it should b the same problem as mine lah ....
but like u said...get ur ride to the worksjhop asap to get it rectified b4 it becomes too late...

rgds,
-brad-
btw tyke how did you fry your ecu?? that isnt an easy thing to do unless water go to it.

Top Bottom