My E46 Carpet wet/ Engine sounds like Diesel/Lights burns

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vramakr

Club Guest
Guys, I need some help here. I have 3 problems:1) My engine sounds like a diesel engine ( been made fun by my frens edi )that im driving a lorry. 2) My internal carpet all wet, I try to search from where water coming from but couldnt find any. Any idea?3) My bulbs are frequesnly burning. Rear Brakes and headlamp? Could wiring be a issue?Thx for your feedback guys.

vramakr;772039 said:
Guys,

I need some help here. I have 3 problems:

1) My engine sounds like a diesel engine ( been made fun by my frens edi )that im driving a lorry.

2) My internal carpet all wet, I try to search from where water coming from but couldnt find any. Any idea?

3) My bulbs are frequesnly burning. Rear Brakes and headlamp? Could wiring be a issue?

Thx for your feedback guys.

An into and details about your car will be good.

What year of manufacturing?
What engine?
CBU or CKD? UK or Japan
VIN will help

The carpet wet is because of loose vapour seal behind your door doorcard. Search BMW vapour seal on the net and you'll get your answers.

Basically you have a leaking door.

i had the same experience on the wet carpet with my 2007 X5. there is a rubber tube running underneath the dashboard from the windshield cleaner water container to the rear windshield . it was leaking and caused the whole carpet to soaked. i had to take the whole front and rear seats and the center console out of the car to clean and dry the whole carpet. try to check underneath your dashboard. the tube is wrapped together with all the cables.

adli_m;772055 said:
owh yes, my mistake.

Guys thanks...its E46 year 2000 UK spec. I will get the mech to check on the doorcard. About the engine, sound, any info guys? Thx

No info on the engine type (M43/M52/M54?) and what kind of sound, how to advise?

engine sounds like a diesel? maybe your e46 is running low on engine lube oil. try checking the dipstick.

Is it the engine sound or from the bottom of car. My E46 had a sound like diesel clatter but from the cat converter. Once changed sound dissappeared.

Bro Vramakr,
So sorry to hear the problems u r having now.....but its quite common to have an used udm especially e46....so many tear n wear.....hope a speedy recovery for yr udm.

Bro Joshua, what is the damage u changed the cat converter?

Bro

Actually did not change but removed and fitted a straight pipe instead. Cost about Rm300 back in 2007.
bmadzi65;773750 said:
Bro Vramakr,
So sorry to hear the problems u r having now.....but its quite common to have an used udm especially e46....so many tear n wear.....hope a speedy recovery for yr udm.

Bro Joshua, what is the damage u changed the cat converter?

Hv u open the hood and check the engine? Maybe its diesel engine because diesel is very fofular and powderful.
Apply some ghee can reduce the friction.

Top Bottom