My E30 wont start :'(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

asamkipas

Club Guest
Hello guys and cheers ! I have an e30 325i year 91 car. The car was just overhauled around 1 month ago. So the problem is that this morning i tried to start the car. It sort of wanted to ignite but it didnt. Once i switched on the keys, i and tried around 3-4 minutes it started for a while and went dead. So i tried again and at the same time pumped the accelerator pedal for about 2-3 minutes and it starts again but idling rpm went headwire. More than 2k rpm for around a minute then drop to 1k rpm, then suddenly rose back to 2k rpm again. After few minutes the engine went dead again. I think the oil pump is problematic as the fuel does not go to the engine hence the failure to ignite. Owh i already swapped with my exora`s battery and nothings changed. But what caused the headwire idling rpm? The dude who repaired my car that day told me tht the o2 sensor might be faulty. I also have no idea on this. U guys have any other opinions? Much appreciated. Thanks

I drove it as a daily car. I do recall tht yesterday morning it had a bit of trouble starting but after 1 try it starts and alsi drives like normal. Not until this morning that this problem arises

I had a similar issue last time one random day, turned out to be a dirty/worn ICV.

Mine'a a M40B18 tho.

Wow... you really are green around the ears eh ?

here is the picture of the ICV..No.5... you may want to check the AFM also, No. 1

3.png

Hi all, thanks for helping

Already cleaned the ICV with WD40 and car now starts like normal and no problems anymore

Tq all

Top Bottom